SAK Huntsman Pouch advice needed please.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 18, 2012
Bedfordshire
Hi all

Firstly if I have posted this thread in wrong section apologies. I have also done a search and couldn't find any info. I am looking for a new pouch for my SAK Huntsman I have the brown leather official one that was given to me with the knife as a present. I have never got on with it as every time I take my utility belt off the velcro opens itself and lets the knife clatter to the floor. I have had the pouch for seven years and its time for it to go.

I don't mind either leather or nylon any suggestions on a replacement pouch are appreciated.

Thanks

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
One of the best sak's out there mate!

I quite like the standard pouch, but its not heavy duty. I would advise asking some of the leather guys here to make you one.

As you've learnt, velcro is fine but it can be weak and it does wear off. A good stud or popper would be best as itl remain strong.

I've dealt with angst and he was great, top guy and deffinately in the top 3 best leather workers available!

Feb 18, 2012
Bedfordshire
Thanks Samon

I really do like the Huntsman, I think I will go along the stud or popper route as I found the velcro really weak. Thanks for recommending angst, how do I go about getting in touch?

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Ooh Red that's a stunner! Well done topknot!

I've got a huntsman and I do love it, didn't think I needed a pouch but now it seems I do.....;)

Feb 18, 2012
Bedfordshire
Thats a good idea Birchwood, just looked at the pouch and it looks like the metal logo badge will come off easy leaving space for the stud and then I can still use it at work, I am really hankering after a bespoke pouch for leisure use as well.

Feb 18, 2012
Bedfordshire
Thanks hiho

There are lots of good value items on dx.com website. Free shipping too! Even with import tax added there are still good deals to be had. And thanks for trying the fit of the pouch.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE