Safety vest?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Trackerman

Forager
Apr 3, 2008
Sweden
I was going through my gear and found one of my snorkeling vests. It´s very visible and doesn´t weigh much more than the yellow saftey vest on picture. And I was thinking could this be an alternative to the yellow vest? As I often wear colours that blends in the woods, I carry some extra visability for saftey reasons. With this snorkeling vest, it´s some extra weight, but you get visability and extra buoyancy aid if you inflate it oraly. If you must cross a huge stream with strong current it could add some extra safety, or if you are near some deep water, perhaps an old limestone quarry/pit that is waterfilled.
This is more of a survival item. In picture I wear a fleece under the anorak, and had no problem with fit. It´s has adjustable straps. What do you think of this, good or bad?
seacsubh.jpg

I like this. This could be very interesting. The uk navy have always used an orange/ red of sorts as their safety colour for immersion suits yet it would first appear that the yellow was brightest.

On the roads in the uk we use yellow yet on the railways an orange/red...

I have an issue marker panel in orange and red aswell as an air marker panel in bright yellow. I've always taken the yellow one as it appeared brightest. Maybe I should do a test and compare them at different distances and take photo's.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE