Sadle blankets coat?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Christy

Tenderfoot
Apr 28, 2006
Lowlands
It does sound daft yes. But... someone gave me 5 sadle blankets in return for some work. The felted and quilted type that go under a horse's sadle.
Brought them over as a gift for someone who just got rid of all his horses.

So me got thinking, they have a natural curve. 3 are grey and plain, two more fancy.
If anything, there is plenty of material to either make a coat, hat, mittens and legwarmers.
Or take them apart at the middle seam and get a sleepingbag lined with fleece that'd take sub zero without blinking.

Ideas and thoughts are welcome.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
They would probably make a great Capote (blanket coat) - or a sleeping bag liner come to that as you say. Not enough "stretch" for a hat I would think

oh - and hugs to you cloggy :)

Christy

Tenderfoot
Apr 28, 2006
Lowlands
They would probably make a great Capote (blanket coat) - or a sleeping bag liner come to that as you say. Not enough "stretch" for a hat I would think

oh - and hugs to you cloggy :)

Since most of the winter will be spend in a pretty cold place, coat is the better choice.
Just have to see how the curves fit my curves hehehe.

Hugs back to you and mrs Red.

Christy

Tenderfoot
Apr 28, 2006
Lowlands
Just remembered there is over 2 meter of very thick grey wool cloth lying around there as well.
It got to -20C last year so might need all of the above.

Christy

Tenderfoot
Apr 28, 2006
Lowlands
No idea Ozzy. Can't find anything on the internet about it.
But if I manage to do so before I am without internet again (aka in the woods), there'll be some pics.
In a howling eastern wind straight from the Ural those thick layers might be just the thing.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE