running with the fox

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk

mayfly

Life Member
May 25, 2005
Switzerland
Good book. One of many interesting conclusions based on his pretty thorough research, regardless of what you think about the killing of sentient creatures for 'sport', is that generally fox hunting with hounds is good for fox populations: by de-emphasising other more deadly forms of population contol and by encouraging the planting of fox coverts on thousands of farms around the country, and so on. Were you intending to prompte a good fox-hunting debate Robin :D

Chris

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Good book. One of many interesting conclusions based on his pretty thorough research, regardless of what you think about the killing of sentient creatures for 'sport', is that generally fox hunting with hounds is good for fox populations: by de-emphasising other more deadly forms of population contol and by encouraging the planting of fox coverts on thousands of farms around the country, and so on. Were you intending to prompte a good fox-hunting debate Robin :D

Chris

Nothing was further from my mind Chris and to be honest foxhunting debates are unlikely to be interesting and just result in folk getting upset.

What I do find interesting is that before this PhD and book there was so little accurate scientific knowledge about a creature that we have been so close to for so long.

Cyclingrelf

Mod
Mod
Jul 15, 2005
Penzance, Cornwall
Hey - looks interesting! We've got lots of foxes on the moor around our sheep farm. The cubs often play in the fields with the lambs and adult foxes take shortcuts past our sheep at all times of year. The sheep don't mind at all. Different matter with the free range hens we used to keep - the foxes were coming and taking them in the middle of the day moments after we'd turned our backs. So we stopped keeping hens :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE