Rules for hanging out with you lot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

XRV John

Nomad
Jan 23, 2015
Scunthorpe
As a newbie and reading some of the "Out and About" reports, before I turn up to one of your gigs I just want to check out what the rules are.

As a motorcyclist my kit is tent based due to the need to put my gear somewhere plus the load carrying capacity of the bike.

So are "tenties" welcome or is it just the tarp and bivi brigade?

Thought I had best get this sorted rather than turn up and get laughed off site.

Thanks

John

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
If this forum is anything mate, its diverse

The only thing i'd check before hand is access. I wont leave my bike parked up a mile away from me in the middle of nowwhere

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
People have turned up with caravans and camper vans for meets I've been to so a tent definitely won't be laughed at.

As Sunndog said just check what access is like for your bike and then enjoy :)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
The important thing to remember is that all your fellow campers need to be plied continuously with brews and good cake! :)

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
When BCUK first started the moot was far more seriously bushcraft related. We were all 10 years younger and terribly keen to impress with our bushcraft knowledge. The majority where sleeping in hammocks and under tarps and all cooked on open fires and the main stay was bannock. As we have matured the moots and BCUK as a whole has become more family focussed and we are much more casual in our approach. All are welcome young and old. You will see almost as many huge pop up family tents now as carefully crafted tarp set ups as people's families have expanded etc. I myself whilst a full time Bushcraft instructor will often by found sleeping in my van or a shelter under a tarp or whatever is available. The joy of bushcraft is that there is no right or wrong way to enjoy the great outdoors as long as it's safe and you are not causing harm.

Most of the meets will give you an idea of the type of camping possible in their posts. If in doubt just ask. My woods are a 5-10 minute walk from a road for example and you need to bring your own water. Every location and meet has its own beauty and challenges.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE