Rugged smartphone - fortisX

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Looks ok, pity 2.3 is already old platform and internal memory is low. Most big app can't be moved to sd.
Tempted if I don't get the upgrade I want.
Cheers for the heads up :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Explorer using Tapatalk 2

jeffz

Forager
Apr 4, 2011
Surrey
Slow, and likely to have terrible battery-life. I think Samsung do a ruggedised GPS feature-phone for around £80, which will be a simpler, better bet.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
I have a Griffin Survivor case for my 4S because I am very clumsy.
Great piece of kit : rigid snapcase inside a rubber cover.My phone has never
felt so secure. Famous Last Words. :lmao:
Cheers Simon

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
i was paddling down some rapids last year when, due to a brief bout of over confidence i fell out of the canoe! my moterola defy was in my shirt pocket and survived the swim perfectly fine. i've been really pleased with it, small light and compact. the battery lasts a week in airplane mode. (there's no signal in real wilderness) it means you can still use the media camera and alarm clock facilities. it's a superb piece of kit.

a feature that lets you use a pseudo airplane mode but with gps would be a great asset.

cheers, and.

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
I bought a phone from chinavasion a couple of years ago, as I wanted a dual sim. Wasn't particuarly cheap, and it froze, turned itself off and on, and showed all the usual gremlins from phones of 20 years ago. Oh, and the 'manual' was written by someone who really didn't speak any form of English language I've ever heard.

Wasn't impressed. They have a way of making kit look good on the site, but when you get it, well :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE