Rucksack to also carry GB SFA and .22lR rifle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
Hi all,

Im in the market for a new olive green (must be OG! I have a thing for OG) rucksack, generally around 35ltr, which I can carry both an axe as well as a .22LR rifle for extended days out.

Having had a brief scout on t'interweb I can't really find much, and i really don't have the time (or the skill) to make one to suit my needs.

So, to that end, could any of you fine fold recommend a rucksack which would be suitable? Cheers in advance :)

LoneWalker

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2014
Devon
Check out Wisport. They make a number of rucksacks from memory that will meet your requirements: may need something to strap the axe to molle type fastenings, but the sacks do have rifle specific carrying ability. Military 1st stock them in the UK and their service has been excellent in my experience: no affiliation etc.

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
I've never used any purpose built packs for firearms, but you should be able to make any pack work with side compression straps; especially if you have a sleeve for the rifle.

The small forest axe will also attach upside down to any pack with side straps. I've had a rifle and a small forest axe on my Maxpedition Condor II and the Karrimor Sabre 45. I've used the former for hunts requiring a fair trek through varied terrain, so you should have lots of options out there.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
The issue will be the length of the rifle - I assume it's a standard kind of length rather than folding stock/ cut barrel type of thing
Unless you pay a lot of money for a specific firearm rucksack I fear you will need a cover for it to stay within the law when on public land and also to protect it too
In which case pretty much any rucksack will do and stick the rifle out the top

BTW Wisport rucksacks are great value for money

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
Cheers for the info guys. Its a 16" barrelled CZ452, and I live on the family farm so little need to worry about the public for the most part. I have since found a modular pack which is molle based, with compression this and sidepouch that...I will post pics when I have managed to put the modular rig together...maybe somebody else has a similar issue.

thanks once again :)

Tommyd345

Nomad
Feb 2, 2015
Norfolk
Hi!
Im afraid I can't help with the bag issue, but noticed you are in North norfolk! Whereabouts do you go out with the rifle? Plus I need a bag... :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE