rucksack stands

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Tis just a simple tripod Sam. I drilled the poles and threaded the cord through to save having to lash it every time (pinched the idea off of Wayland) :rolleyes:

I attach a cross bar on mine to rest the base of the rucksack against to stop it swinging between the 2 legs

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've knocked them up with one forked stick and a straight one, just using the weight of the pack to hold it in place

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I've knocked them up with one forked stick and a straight one, just using the weight of the pack to hold it in place

Works a treat that one, have also used the lashed tripod method, i used to carry a length of webbing with me with a Karibiner on it so i could wrap the webbing around a tree and suspend my pack from that.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
This was just a simle tripod, lashed together from Scout staffs:

SDC14040.jpg

Simon

The tripod works well, sometimes when I have time I will find some nice sticks, lash them together and voila one kit stand, hang your bag, jacket, dry bags and other bits and bobs from there works a treat.

If I can't find 3 nice sticks (or can't be bothered :p ) I will just use one sturdy stick put into the ground and rest my bag on that, that way its not lying entirely on the ground and its somewhere to hang my jacket if I need to.

Or you could go the whole hog and do what we have done in the past and make a complete table for putting stuff on.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE