RTFM!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I bought a vintage sewing machine (Pinnock SewQueen) from an auction a couple of years ago. Paid virtually nothing for it and typically for machines of that era (1950's?) it's all metal. However, I'd struggled to sew with it, kept jamming up, so I haven't really used it a great deal (wanted it for the zig-zag capability). It has a delightful feature that when you turn the dial to adjust the stitch length, a sample of actual stitches appears in a little window - it's very cute.

Decided to play with it today and realised that I'd been threading the bobbin wrongly - there's a tiny hole in the location finger and I'd always assumed the thread was supposed to go through it, but the manual doesn't mention that and trying it without it's not only much quicker to thread, but it doesn't jam up! Can at last sew my bartacks that my industrial machine can't do

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE