rss feed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

risby

Forager
Jun 21, 2005
dorset, uk
This doesn't appear to be working although the FAQ gives an address for it. Does anyone know anything about this. I'm using FreeReader 2.90 if that helps.

Oops, I mean "FeedReader" but it is free anyway.

risby

Forager
Jun 21, 2005
dorset, uk
jdlenton said:
that's lost me sorry don't know what your no about :)

James

RSS allows you to provide an updated list of headlines (if you are a news service like the BBC) or responses to postings (if you have a forum or blog). Your clients (me) then run a program called an aggregator which regularly samples the various feeds they are interested in. It's a bit like running Outlook Express but for news rather than email.

The FAQ

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/faq.php?faq=vb_board_usage#faq_vb_rss_syndication

says feeds are currently provided in two formats RSS and RSS v2.0 and gives the bushcraftuk address for each. Because they actually have the bushcraftuk address I assumed this service had been configured but maybe not.

redcollective

Settler
Dec 31, 2004
West Yorkshire
I've never got these to work either. :-( I'd be nice if it did as I like to keep an eye on the forum but can't have to cut into work time - RSS would let you glance at the content without firing up the web browser.

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
I think the RSS feed might not be enabled on the admin side.

Edit:
Yep, this and XML Syndication are not enabled on the site admin.
It might be something worth turning on if it will be a benefit and theres no bad effects.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE