RSS feed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

risby

Forager
Jun 21, 2005
dorset, uk
Is there any news on the rss capability? I note that neither BCUK nor BB have it available yet. Must be more complicated from the admin side than other features but it would be really useful for me.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
Tony still has a long list of things to do and im sure this is on it.. he will no doubt be in to let us know if this will become avalible

can you tell me how you eneble it as live bookmarks in firefox?

risby

Forager
Jun 21, 2005
dorset, uk
Pappa said:

Yay !!! They do indeed. Thx Pappa (and Tony, of course)

TomTom: I have Firefox 1.5, I think this is the version in which the livebookmark feature was introduced. Rightclick on the rss2 link above and select "Copy Link Location" then click on Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks and then in the new window click on File -> New Live Bookmark. In the dialog box enter Bushcraft UK into the Name textfield and paste in the link to the Feed Location text field. I've got all my feeds in a Feeds folder in the Bookmarks Toolbar Folder (I've got sub folders for Food: eGullet, TheTravelersLunchbox & Chocolate and Zucchini; Jobs: various Jobserve searches; and then individual feeds from IT reviews, New Scientist, Outdoors Magazine, the BBC and now BushcraftUK.

risby

Forager
Jun 21, 2005
dorset, uk
risby said:
TomTom: I have Firefox 1.5, I think this is the version in which the livebookmark feature was introduced. Rightclick on the rss2 link above and ... blah blah blah

I felt I should mention that there is a much simpler way to store your live bookmark as long as the website offers this feature. When you go to an appropriate website, like www.guardian.co.uk, for example, you'll see an orange square at the righthand side of firefox's address bar. All you need do in this case is click the orange box and an Add Live Bookmark dialog box appears.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE