RSPB Big sleep out. This weekend.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

richardhomer

Settler
Aug 23, 2012
STOURBRIDGE
Just seen another post about a member going on a big sleep out with the RSPB. The big sleep out is done every year by the RSPB. Its aim is to get people out side to learn about night time wildlife.
You don't have to go on an organised night with a group. The aim is just to get out outside So the garden will do. My two girls and I are planning on sleeping out this weekend in the garden. To listen to the night time wildlife. For them this will be their first time sleeping out in a tent.(They are seven) So I encourage you to get out and sleep out this weekend. Let family and friends know and get the little ones out this weekend. The garden will do.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
The Woodland Trust is doing an event at my local reserve this weekend. I was going to be part of it, but surgical recovery takes priority and I am not up to it.

Lizz

Absolute optimist
May 29, 2015
Cardiff
Health first, all the way. I hope recovery is well paced and complete. Richard, I hope your girls have a great time and discover that even something quite small sounds like a stegosaurus when you are properly at ground level!

richardhomer

Settler
Aug 23, 2012
STOURBRIDGE
Thanks' We now do have a bit of a problem. We were planning to sleep out tonight but on Wednesday My one Girl broke her collar bone. Now while she is ok and sleeping well on a night time in her bed. She's unsure whether or not she wants to sleep out. I'm thinking she will, but you never really know with my two.

richardhomer

Settler
Aug 23, 2012
STOURBRIDGE
Health first, all the way. I hope recovery is well paced and complete. Richard, I hope your girls have a great time and discover that even something quite small sounds like a stegosaurus when you are properly at ground level!

Update, We did not sleep out last night. The tent's up and everything is in place. But she decided because of pain she wanted to sleep in her own bed. Twin decided as her sister was not doing it she did not want to do it. We are leveeing everything up and in place as we might sleep out later on in the week or next weekend

Lizz

Absolute optimist
May 29, 2015
Cardiff
I hope she is feeling much better. Poor sausage, that's right miserable. And I hope you do get to camp out in the not to distant future.

richardhomer

Settler
Aug 23, 2012
STOURBRIDGE
I hope she is feeling much better. Poor sausage, that's right miserable. And I hope you do get to camp out in the not to distant future.

She's fine thanks. We are back at the hospital on Thursday this week for a check up. She's not letting it bother her too much and we are keeping her dosed up on pain killers too. Which is helping a great deal as she's in quite a bit of when they start to wear off. Or when daddy has forgot a dose.!

They are keen to camp out. Two older girls up the road did it the weekend. And told my two what great fun they had. I know how much fun they had as I was awake lying in bed with the winnows open as it was very warm and they were giggling away until about 12.30 at night. Oh to be 11 years old again! Camping out in the garden I remember was such fun! So my two are really keen to have a go at it. They will be fast asleep long before 12.30 as mine are only seven years old. They are Identical twin girls.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE