Roycroft pack?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Anyone use/have used a roycroft type pack on a regular basis?

Could you post some pics and give a review/tips?

really fancy giving it a go

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have made and used a couple and they are not too bad (better than packboards!)
Tips - make sure the bottom bar curves away from your back and that you pack soft stuff against your back... make the joints as strong and well fitting as possible ... make comfy shoulder straps (this one I used socks stuffed with grass!)
WillowparacordandsockRoycraftpackframe.jpg

1Roycraftpackframe.jpg

3Roycraftpackframebeingloaded.jpg

6Roycraftpackframemessypacking.jpg

My wife modelling a rather messily packed Roycroft Pack

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
It is my intention to make a more perminant wooden frame for a pack. (More like Oetzi)

I have started on the canvas section for this (also to be used without the frame like a canoe pack)

Really bad pics of.......Light weight canvas treated with greenland wax, meshed with natural cord for strength.

20130324_190231.jpg

It has a wooden board in the back that can be removed for "admin" tasks

20130324_190257.jpg

Leather tabs.... just need to finish the lid

As always. Interested in your thoughts.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

I have made and used a couple and they are not too bad (better than packboards!)
Tips - make sure the bottom bar curves away from your back and that you pack soft stuff against your back... make the joints as strong and well fitting as possible ... make comfy shoulder straps (this one I used socks stuffed with grass!)
WillowparacordandsockRoycraftpackframe.jpg

1Roycraftpackframe.jpg

3Roycraftpackframebeingloaded.jpg

6Roycraftpackframemessypacking.jpg

My wife modelling a rather messily packed Roycroft Pack

I always make my wife carry my equipment as well! I find it gives her a better understanding of my need for titanium equipment!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE