Royal Mail

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
probably due to a shortage of staff due to Corvid Virus, I am in the same boat, posted yesterday 1st Class signed for, but in reality they don't guarantee delivery next day, though they do get there most of the time, no use worrying for 10 days, which gets you worrying anyway.
I am sure they will turn up tomorrow.

Reactions: Mr Wolf

Mr Wolf

Jun 30, 2013
Nottinghamshire
probably due to a shortage of staff due to Corvid Virus, I am in the same boat, posted yesterday 1st Class signed for, but in reality they don't guarantee delivery next day, though they do get there most of the time, no use worrying for 10 days, which gets you worrying anyway.
I am sure they will turn up tomorrow.
But conversely I sent one Monday and it arrived Tuesday

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Two parcels sent first class signed for.
Now Tuesday and neither delivered.
This is gonna put me out of pocket by quite a lot of cash.
Claim it back on insurance.

I can go to one post office at 9am, post a letter 1st and it doesnt arrive until 2 days later earliest. The one at the front of the sorting office 4pm 1st class to darkest dorset next morning. That is what I want from a postal service.

chandelierman

Forager
Dec 14, 2018
essex
1st class signed for is not guaranteed to be delivered the next day,It just means it will be delivered “at some point” and will need a signature,I live in a village in Southend and 1st is usually 1 to 4 days for delivery down here ... non delivery claiming period is about 30 days

Reactions: Mr Wolf

chandelierman

Forager
Dec 14, 2018
essex
To be fair (fingers crossed) I have never lost a parcel / package yet via royal mail or Parcelforce ...I must have sent 1000’s out over the years inc 350 sets of handlebars which we shipped worldwide .....one thing to consider is temporary postman ...if the regular guy is on holiday then it could take longer

Reactions: santaman2000

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Standard 1st and 2nd Class includes compensation up to £20, for Signed For 1st & 2nd Class it's up to £50.
Special Delivery, which is a 'Guaranteed' service, can be enhanced for cover up to £2500, not cheap though, I always use a courier.
One does need to be careful though, there are some types of items/materials that aren't covered, waste of time taking out extra cover for those!
Always get the 'Proof of Posting', you can't make a a claim without one.

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
Both mine were delivered today, and when you think I posted one from Cornwall to the Highlands of Scotland, that ain't bad at all.

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
I was shocked recently at the DPD list of restricted items... camera’s, turntables etc.. :eek2:

Its well worth while perusing the restricted items no matter who you are using as a carrier, for instance Hermes wont carry knives, so if you do take a chance and post one with them and it gets lost, you wont be able to claim, so always check,
In fact if you look at the non-compensation items and the prohibited Items with Hermes, i am surprised anyone actually uses them, they are like an Insurance Co, so many things not covered

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
At least they list them in alphabetical order, but they have that little phrase"
The following items (or any item similar in description or content) cannot be carried on any service.
which just about covers anything.
The other bugbear I have with the Post, and nothing to do with them really, is when you post something to someone, and you see its been delivered and see the signature on delivery, which means nothing as its usually a scribble, the person never gets back to you to say they have received it, and you are left wondering if they ever got it at all.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE