Royal Mail Rant.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hiho

Native
Mar 15, 2007
South Yorkshire
be nice if the local sorting office was open any longer than four hours as well 8-12 or 8-10 on a saturday :mad:

but on the plus side i can walk to it and don't have to go the 3 miles into town

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
It's reasons like this that I now call Royal Mail - Royal Fail. After the snow cleared, it still took them 8 weeks to deliver the mail.

At the moment, they moved our postman (who knew me by name and knew the area very well) and now they seem to be having big problems finding my address and are leaving my mail and parcels with the learning difficulties day centre next door, who swiftly reject it or return it to the sender. Looks like I'll be getting my Dad to take my parcels, etc in future.

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
I,m absolutely fed up with royal mail,over the last few weeks i,ve had a few items posted to me and they all seem to be late , i was waiting on three parcels this week , so i put a note saying to get them signed with either neighbour if i was not in , so i came in today and the wee red card was there saying i had to go to the PO and collect them but to leave 24 HOURS:vio:

There is a web URL on the back of the card that gives you the option to have them redelivered - if you are not available during the weekdays you can opt for a Saturday delivery.

Angus Og

Nov 6, 2004
Glasgow
I,m absolutely fed up with royal mail,over the last few weeks i,ve had a few items posted to me and they all seem to be late , i was waiting on three parcels this week , so i put a note saying to get them signed with either neighbour if i was not in , so i came in today and the wee red card was there saying i had to go to the PO and collect them but to leave 24 HOURS:vio:

You have to write to the manger and tell him who your designated neighbour will be and you accept all responsibility for this.

And I put 48hrs notice on the card that's what I've instructed to do by the manger he can deal with the abuse.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
you also have to remember that the mail, though it has your name on isn't delivered to you, the postman is contractually bound to deliver to the address, irrespective of who lives there, obviously some are rubbish, others don't care but most will do this, leaving on your door step is a sack-able offence(door stepping) unless you have specifically instructed as mentioned by written letter that you designate another place as okay to deliver to BUT they are not obligated to do it, the only obligation is to deliver to the address on the letter:)

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
you also have to remember that the mail, though it has your name on isn't delivered to you, the postman is contractually bound to deliver to the address, irrespective of who lives there, obviously some are rubbish, others don't care but most will do this, leaving on your door step is a sack-able offence(door stepping) unless you have specifically instructed as mentioned by written letter that you designate another place as okay to deliver to BUT they are not obligated to do it, the only obligation is to deliver to the address on the letter:)

I hope they dont (door step) your axe Southey lol.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE