Rough Rider drop point hunter. Crazy bargain!!

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I've wanted one of these for a while and got round to ordering one the other day.

It's hard to believe this is a £12 knife.. considering it is made to a rather high standard with attractive materials.

I like finger guards and bolsters, they often get dismissed these days due to the massive popularity of 'bushcraft knives' and those boring aesthetics they often tend to conform to. Needless to say, finger guards are handy and comfy in use!

The handle wood is some kind of stabilised 'root wood', finished nicely and actually pretty good looking. The knife is full tang and feels solid. Stainless (no other details) blade and finger guard and those stabilised scales means this one will be easy to clean after you've shoved it into a bag of dead animals, and this is designed mostly as a hunting knife. The blade starts at 3mm thick, but quickly tapers off to a very fine tip, so I wouldn't bother batoning anything thick with it, just to be safe.

But for any normal practice, you can expect this knife to hold up really well, and for that price tag.. who's complaining?

It even comes with a sheath, one of those black nylon types. Useable, but not in keeping with the knife itself, good job I had a spare laying around unused!

Mine came pretty sharp otb, and with a little wax/grease on the blade.

Again, this is not a review, but just a quick talk about what you can get for your change!

Thanks for reading!

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Certainly is good value, as with all Rough Rider products I've had. (This being the 5th?)

Even my brother, a guy who laughs at most of my purchases, really wants one. ;)

May 12, 2014
West Yorkshire
Cant believe that i only ordered this yesterday afternoon, paid £2 postage and it arrived this morning, excellent service from Heinnie. Looks a nice knife and looking forward to using it.

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
looks similar to my Cheapo Whitby...£20, not the greatest knife but it has it's uses. wonder if they are from the same factory. my guess is, yeah, they are one and the same knife.
Snapshot_20150515_1_zps5vsm63rd.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE