Rough Close Meet - September 2010.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... I might be bringing someone along for this one if thats alright. Ill know in a week or so for sure though.

In theory, you've answered your own question - but thanks for checking/letting me know.

By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread ...

A snippet from post #01 :cool:

Forum members are responsible for themselves, the kit they use and their own actions at a Meet – if you bring along family (or a friend) then you also accept responsibility for them and their actions whilst they are on site.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
I am very interested in going to this meet, if that's ok and what kit will i need ?

Something to keep you dry, tarp or tent
sleeping bag
food/cutlery
something to cook on/in
Sense of humour, lol
Torch - this is a must, RC is like the black hole of Calcutta when the sun sets.

Basically normal camping gear mate, unless you use hammocks etc.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... what kit will i need ?

Andy pretty much covered the basics on kit.

Make sure that you read post #01 as it gives you a bit of an insight into Meets in general - a few are set up in the same sort of manner.

Something to sleep in, on and under:

You'll need bedding - sleeping bag, blanket(s), duvet etc.
You'll get a better nights kip if you have an insulating layer beneath you - the market is awash with sleeping mats.
Shelter - tent or tarp (some use a hammock).

Tarp tip1: If you're under a tarp you might like to consider using a ground sheet under your kit.
Tarp tip2: If you use a ground sheet under a tarp, make sure that it covers a smaller area than the tarp does.
Tarp tip3: Note which way the wind blows - and make sure that the wind can't blow rain into your kit.

Something to cook in and on:

Pots and pans suitable for cooking over what ever you're using as a heat source. We can have open fires - but they must be raised and contained. We have neighbours on both sides at this Meet and because of this I have previously suggested (to others) that it might be wise to bring a fuel supply just in case.
Matches/lighter etc

Something to eat:

Bring what you like to eat, that you know that you can cook with (and on) the items above.
Cutlery - full set or spork* (* if you'd like to wind Mr Fenna up :cool:)

Something to drink:

Tea, coffee etc.
The site isn't a dry one - but we ask that people keep it sensible.
There is no requirement to supply others. It would be wise to bring a suitable drinking vessel

Something to wear:

Wear what you like (providing that you observe the social niceties :cool: - it's a scout site).
Spare clothes - it's a weekend, so you don't need a huge amount. But it's easy to get miserable if you get cold and/or wet.
Waterproofs are a good idea.
Boots are a sensible choice.
Insect repellent (at this time of year ;) )
Personal first aid kit.

Oh, and making sure that you're carring a good torch before it gets dark is a really good tip :yikes:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
ok ive been on "evilbay" got a basha, slightly heavier than i expected but it will do, para cord,some cookware,sleeping bag, sleeping bag liner, roll mat,groundsheet,3 stoves, a plastic mug a 24 hour ration pack, a firesteel,bivi bag,water bottle, a torch and a spork .........so im almost ready..................just trying to find things to swop now....i have got a pair of size ten m army boots if anyones interested ill bring them to the meet .......they are in very good condition and well polished i dont think they are goretex but still a good boot. any kit ive left out please feel free to shout up.
Ye gods!
A Spork!
Noooooooooooo! :D

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Ive booked of work so maybe I can get lift down.
Looks like a great bunch of people going to this one so I dont want to miss it.

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
Have any plans for communal cooking been done yet? My apple tree in the garden is crammed full right now, be good to make a crumble or something with some blackberries?

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Meet List:

By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet. - if, when I add my name to the list, I fail to copy and paste the words between 'Meet List' and the names on the list I will pay an extra £1 per night for myself and each extra I bring with me.

decorum
MartinK9
Mesquite (? +1)
JonathanD
Twodogs
Muddy Boots
nolightweight
Andy2112
PREPER
Jimbo75 (+1)
dave53
Bodge (+1)
John Fenna
Snarf
Snarf's sniff (or in phil's case "scratch n sniff")
TinkyPete
Tank (TBC)
Elines (TBC)
Davey569 (+1 TBC)
Wayland (TBC)
shaggystu (TBC)

I am definately making this one as I am on a course in Nuneaton from 13th Sep till 1st Oct.

I am trying another set up and a new fire set up too. :)

bringing a few bring and buys/swaps too:

Rations (NOT all menus avialable)
cylumes
blow pokers
a few other odds and ends too :)

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I am definately making this one as I am on a course in Nuneaton from 13th Sep till 1st Oct.

I am trying another set up and a new fire set up too. :)

bringing a few bing and buys/swaps too:

Rations (NOT all menus avialable)
cylumes
blow pokers
a few other odds and ends too :)

Put me down for a load of the rations! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE