Rough Close March '12 Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet.

Meet List:

1. decorum
2. Mesquite + 2
3. MartinK9 (Fri PM onwards)
4. udamiano (Thurs-Sun)
5. Karl82 (TBC)
6. PeterH (Sat only unfortunately)
7. Cliv (TBC)
8. Snowfire
9. Bare Thrills (Thur-Sun) +1 Friday night
10. Elines (Thurs - Sat am or possibly to Fri eve)
11. bushcraftsurvival (Thurs - Sun)
12 man of tanith (Thurs to Sun, 2 saturday)
13. leaf man +1 (tbc)
14. Jacko 1066 (tbc)
15. Teepee
16. Turbogirl and Youngling :)
17.Sasquatch + Joseph (tbc)
18. bushcraftsurvival (Thurs - Sun)
19. Priam (+1 TBC)
20. Krooko
21. Twodogs (Sat am)
22. Luckylee all being well.
23. marvalous.
24. TinkyPete (TBC due to work)
25. Ratbag + 2 little ratbags (Friday night only)
26. Kristophish
27. Istvan ( Only for Sunday for a few hours to say hi. I am back!! )
28. David Mc + 1 (Fri night? + Sat night)
29 Wayland - Should be there, but which days not certain.
30. Bodge + Adam.

Absolutely delighted to be able to bring my young sproglet, just updating the list to reflect his presence :) We should get there a wee bit before dark Friday for the duration :) REEAAAALLLLLY looking forward to this one, spring has sprung!! And what better way to celebrate than salivatin' over Ratbags stock of swaps, looking forward to seeing those neckers in particular.... see you there! ;)

EDIT... gosh, nearly 40 of us, wowzers! Its a veritable village!!!

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Sorry you'll not be able to make it Wayland.

Bit of a tidy...

By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet.

Meet List:

1. decorum
2. Mesquite + 2
3. MartinK9 (Fri PM onwards)
4. udamiano (Thurs-Sun)
5. Karl82 (TBC)
6. PeterH (Sat only)
7. Cliv (TBC)
8. Snowfire
9. Bare Thrills (Thur-Sun) +1 Friday night
10. Elines
11. bushcraftsurvival (Thurs - Sun)
12 man of tanith (Thu to Sun, 2 Sat)
13. leaf man +1 (tbc)
14. Jacko 1066 (tbc)
15. Teepee
16. Turbogirl and Youngling :)
17.Sasquatch + Joseph (tbc)
18. bushcraftsurvival (Th - Sun)
19. Priam (+1 TBC)
20. Krooko
21. Twodogs (Sat am)
22. Luckylee (TBC)
23. marvalous.
24. TinkyPete (TBC)
25. Ratbag + 2 little ratbags (Friday night only)
26. Kristophish
27. Istvan (visit)
28. David Mc + 1
29. Bodge + Adam.

EDIT... gosh, nearly 40 of us, wowzers! Its a veritable village!!!

As a general note*, due to our expected numbers (and having neighbours across the way on PC6 for the weekend) there's a definite and absolute requirement for dropping kit at the pitch and moving vehicles back to the Campers Car Park. This drop and shift method is intended to allow others to come in behind you ;)

* Not aimed at Sally ~ she just provided the reminder that I needed to mention parking.

At this point, I'm already considering pitching on the field :rofl:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I've edited post #01 to include the following update:

...TOILET FACILITIES: >>><<<

EDIT: The Toilets Blocks closest to our pitch are still not open for use. The site took advantage of the winter closure to upgrade the facilities and work is still ongoing. Toilet facilities are available at the Main Toilet Block and also at the Norton Cabin.

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
I had to leave early (having arrived on Thursday) but still managed to try out some new stuff (Dutch oven) and meet new folk/remake aquaintances - looked like the weather was going to be great too.

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
Great day at RC today and lots of new and old faces plus lots of youngsters.

... Ok so Mesquite has made a brew but where have the Pringles gone? :rofl

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Another fantastic Meet. :)

Great to meet new and old faces.

Thanks to Phil for organising,

Thanks to Damian for a lovely curry, just right with the heat as well. Didn't need any more.... and the stuff in the jars was mind blowing.:lmao:

The weather was superb, a fitting but ironic send off to Andy2112.

I apologise if I never got to say goodbye this morning but someone gave me a nudge to a Military sale. Copious money could and was spent.

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Thanks to Phil and everyone for a great meet, nice and relaxing sorry I did not say good bye to people but not many were up at 7 this morning :)

Great to chat to people new and old.

Many Thanks all,

Was a fitting meet to think of Andy

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
What a fantastic meet. A big thank you to everyone. I was made to feel very comfortable from the off. It was nice to meet so many lovely people and the weather was brilliant too. I now have a really good idea of what works and reckon ill have roughly half the kit next time out.

Special mention to Phil for organising, Steve for the fishing hook making, Damian for generally being a fountain of knowledge and Sam for the sniffs and the Bannock lol

And to prove just what a small world it is, I discovered that i already knew Phil. We were at school together!

Looking forward to next time already

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
A great weekend :)

Thanks Phil once again.

It was great to put so many names to faces and spend 3 days tuned into bushcraft tv on the 'Cedar channel'.

Sleeping out without shelter or using a stove was magic.

Looking forward to seeing everybody again.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Well, wasn't that a lovely meet :) I've banged some pics up on a thread here .... thank you so much to everyone there and of course, especial thanks to those who make it what it is with their generousity of knowledge, the place, their food, skills... everything makes it a special and unique brew every time :)

Jan 5, 2010
bedfordshire
Just like to say Thank you to everyone for making mine and Shannon's first meet such a great experience. We where made very welcome by you all and both had a wonderful time!
Cant wait for the next one!:You_Rock_

thanks to all who made it a great meet
paul can you maybe go a little further in explaining the sniffs comment as it sounds a little dodgy to those not in the know
nice meeting some of you again and others for the first time but now i am a little lost as to putting names to user names :)
looking forward to the next one

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Yes I should elaborate on the Sniffs comment as I wouldnt want anyone to think Sam was dishing out anything dodgy. It was merely the lovely aroma coming from his pipe tobacco :D

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Thanks to all who came along and made for a memorable Meet ~ I was dashing here and there so sorry if I missed you coming / going / playing / chilling :eek: .

As Martin said, given the circumstances, truly ironic weather ~ made all the more poignant by this weekend marking the third anniversary of Andy earning the nickname 'Twang Twang'.

Ratbag

Subscriber
Aug 10, 2005
Barnsley
I'd like to add my thanks to Phil and everyone else for a great meet, even if we were only able to stay for one night this time.

My boys really enjoyed themselves and didn't want to leave, so I'm calling that a big success. No.2 son went to sleep by the fire and had to be carried inside the tent in his sleeping bag, still asleep. They even got their own nicknames: Mesquite suggested "Ratbag Junior" and "Ratbag Squeaky", but Ratbag Junior was rejected by No.1 son in favour of "Mosquito" because, as he says, he's small and irritating and just won't leave you alone. So there you are.

The big kit sale / giveaway went pretty well too - thanks to all who bought something - although I was surprised that the "gizzits" didn't all go. It shows what a discerning bunch of 'schrafters you really are, I suppose :)

Finally, special thanks to those poor souls who were on the downwind side of the communal fire and endured Mosquito "helping" the fire with the aid of the blow-poker. I'm sure that all that ash will wash out of your clothes ......eventually

See you on the next one, I hope

Rat

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE