Room a new SAK

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
The patient was in cardiac arrest.

Remember a video of an expedition to one of the poles, and SAK pilers were used to pull a tooth of woman suffering from toothache.

hughtrimble

Jan 23, 2012
UK/France
I realise at a glance it seems rather cool, but this is frankly terrifying. It reads more like a warzone situation than a hospital in what is a highly developed country.

hughtrimble

Jan 23, 2012
UK/France
I think that’s why there is an enquiry!
Oh totally. It's just dreadful that it happened in the first place. It's the sort of thing where if this happened on the telly you'd half expect them to crack out a breathalyser.

Maybe the surgeon is called Timothy (points to those who provide the reference)

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Which tool is best for THAT? Don’t answer, don’t answer. I don’t have enough mind bleach!!!

Hope for quick recovery.

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Oh @Chris it is my sincere wish that you never develop a polyp.

I’m not a Swiss Army fan but I believe there is a sewing option - if only the sacking needle!

• Haha
Reactions: Chris

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
Didn’t that Nebraska farmer cut off his own leg with a pen knife when he got pulled into machinery? :eek:

Anyway it does seem a strange call to use an unautoclaved item you took into surgery in the first place but maybe I’m missing something.

Perhaps political donation money should be spend on surgical equipment not tickets to Tailor Swift.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Aron Ralston couldn't find his SAK when he left and so had a cheap Chinese multi tool knockoff and struggled to remove his arm.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE