rogue boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rain man

Tenderfoot
Mar 7, 2006
London
I can vouch for Meindl. Have a pair of Lhoste and they're very lightweight 3-4 season boot. They are Nubuck which I was sceptical about when I first got them because I've always had normal leather before them. and they are Gore-tex But after 4 years of service I can say that there is nothing wrong with a "technical" boot like this. Extremely comfy from new I love wearing them. Love the rubber rand around thetoes too, wont buy a pair without that now. And no I don't work for them haha.
I do have a pair of Bison Bushcraft boots too. They are like slippers and are single piece leather. So I wear those in summer, reccommend them also. Both are quite pricey tho.

Meindl are hand made in Germany, and I am a fan of German engineering and workmanship, my next pair of "serious boots" will be Meindl. The only deterioration I have is with the Vibram sole.

The band that you mention is actually called"Foxing", and plays an important part in the waterproofing and the sealing of the upper to the sole, I too would not buy a boot without Foxing.

Be careful though as some foxing is there for effect only, make sure its the real thing

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
My meindls were crap. Inferior quality on the materials. The leather, the rubber around the soles, the stitches, the membrane, everything was rubbish. The smelled like old cabbage after just a few weeks. They are insanely cold too.

I use Lundhags now. You should too.

I only met one person whom they didn't work for. And he had somewhat a minor complaint.

Very Surprised by that Swede, mine even stood up to four months of landscaping in winter minus 8'C on some days, and that involved trudging around in wet cement and concrete and using them to dig out frozen earth and stone with a spade, but speak as we find I suppose.

I have used them whilst Wild-fowling on the coast and deerstalking and for standing around for hours in snow waiting for led up ferrets to emerge.

I will certainly buy again

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
Very Surprised by that Swede, mine even stood up to four months of landscaping in winter minus 8'C on some days, and that involved trudging around in wet cement and concrete and using them to dig out frozen earth and stone with a spade, but speak as we find I suppose.

I have used them whilst Wild-fowling on the coast and deerstalking and for standing around for hours in snow waiting for led up ferrets to emerge.

I will certainly buy again

Cold is relative. I had problems with my 'performance' in -4 to -42. There is quite a lot of people I have talked with that share my experience. Can be our weak swedish feet though. There have been a lot of complaints on the durability on meindls from most users I have spoken too.

Seriously, even the swedish agent for meindl told me there were no good in cold.

Elmo

Feb 25, 2010
NYC
Can't beat a good pair of Meindl boots, pretty bomb proof.
Had a pair for 4 years now and the leather is as good as new

+1 :)

have been using meindl boots for 25 years. wouldn't think of using another brand.

Gabe

Forager
Aug 10, 2008
Bridgend, South Wales
You can't buy a boot on what other people say!!! It really needs fitting. I love Meindl burmas / borneos / softlines - but there isn't a hope in hell that my feet will fit in them and be comfy. For me some of the Raichle (now mammut) boots fit a dream, others don't. A brand I've had the most success with would be Hanwag.
But please get a proper boot fitting, try the boots your interested in and see. You'll be much happier then just grabbing a pair off the Internet.

Hi Gabe
unfortunately in bedfordshire there is not the possibility of purchasing the boots with a try before you buy option the limits to outdoor suppliers are millets blacks and army surplus so i am somewhat limited unless i buy from the internet.
as for what other people say i was asking for opinions and will as always take these as no more than opinions to add to my own judgement,
i fully appreciate what you say about needing them on my foot before i buy em but i dont think it will happen with these boots for the above reason. i will be going to millets/blacks to see what they can offer but i fear i may well have to purchase them from the internet if i dont find what i like in either if these shops.

i shall check out hanwags too.

Cheers
Sam

S

skoper

that seeems a little pricy ,, look for something tough on dare i say it ebuy! names like meindl scarpa , a good pair can be had for less than them summer only boots

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE