Rob Bayley DB Knife... Progress Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
This looks very nice, can you put up a pic Of the back of the sheath?

Yup...

DSC09244.jpg

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Thats an amazing looking knife there JonathanD and it goes really well with that sheath,you must be really pleased with it. Excellent craftmanship from Rob Bayley. Cheers.

Darren

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Ok! That's impressive, looks like a petfect ring of leather! Thanks for posting up

That's one of the first things I looked at when I got it. I was expecting to see the loops stitched at the back. It is very very clever and skillful the way he has constructed those leather loops.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
As a last post to this. I went out today and tested it for an hour or so. It performed faultlessly, the bump doesn't interfere in any way and although it is much slimmer than my knife, it was really comfortable in prolonged use. The sheath is very discreet and fits well into a cargo pocket too. I chopped and whittled and split and carved and sliced and batonned. Top knife. I'm well chuffed. I've updated my site with a couple of pages devoted to it. Just click on my siggy pic to see it.

09Jan201110.jpg

09Jan201111.jpg

09Jan201113.jpg

09Jan201112.jpg

wilt

Dec 4, 2004
Ohio, USA
The knife looks awesome Jonathan and I bet it handles well. Thank you again for sharing!

Finally, can you give any and all details as to the heat treat (i.e. hardening temp and tempering temp and deep cooling) and HRC of the RWL-34 blade? As I understand it, there are six heat treatment recommendations and I would like to know which one you and RB chose.

Were you able to find out any information about the HRC and heat treat?

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
i remember saying to Cliv at the north wood meet in december 'i don't ever think i'll be a knife queen, just have my main and a spare'. i think my position may be changing on this :)

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
i remember saying to Cliv at the north wood meet in december 'i don't ever think i'll be a knife queen, just have my main and a spare'. i think my position may be changing on this :)

I said the same thing a few years back. It's a slippery slope.

Errmm....I Love the leather and the blade looks fantastic Jon :)

Is you tongue firmly in your cheek there Red?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE