Road kill

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 28, 2010
ontario
A friend of mine was telling me about something that happened to a couple local guys last winter...
While driving one of the backroads around here they had a wolf jump out in front of the truck and they
hit it. They stopped and examined the carcass which seemed to have no damage so one of the
guys who was a trapper decided to keep it for the pelt so he threw it on the truck to take it home,
but due to an apparently overloaded truck, they couldn't keep the wolf from sliding off the back.
So they decided to put it in the passengers footwell, as they weren't far from home and there was
no blood or mess on the wolf. A mile or so down the road they ended up with a real problem as
the wolf turned out not to be dead at all, just knocked unconscious. So now the guy in the passenger
seat was yelling 'Stop the truck stop the truck!', holding a snarling wolf by the ears as it snapped at his crotch.
They pulled over and tried to free the animal but all it wanted to do was get back in the truck and bite
someone... All ended well apparently as they peeled away with a wolf chasing them down the road..:lmao:

Pict

Settler
Jan 2, 2005
Central Brazil
clearblogs.com
That's a good one. I had a friend put a dead squirrel in his hunting vest back pouch only to come alive and scramble back out, a second shot took care of it.

Once hunting geese we were having a good day and had about ten in the blind. We had a large flock coming in to the decoys so we were all sitting there not moving a muscle. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed one of the "dead" geese suddenly pick his head up and look around, like, up periscope. The flock never came in and after a few minutes it was back to drinking coffee and eating Snickers bars.

I picked up a hammer we had for repairing the blind. Holding it by the head I gave a dead goose a rap on the head with the handle. Whack! Everyone was looking at me like I was crazy. Whack, no reaction... Whack, no reaction. Whack... "What are you doing?!" No answer. Whack, sudden commotion. Goose jumps up flapping, careens over the edge of the blind, and starts running across the field. My brother let the Labrador off the lead and off he went to tackle the goose. Americans vs Canadians 1/0.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
If the trapper couldn't tell if an animal was dead or not, I hate to imagine how many animals he's skinned alive !.....probably wasn't a wolf either but a demented GSD.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE