River Cottage Road trip

Yohny

Tenderfoot
Jul 13, 2005
Thanet, Kent
Hi. Did anyone see River Cottage Road Trip on Channel 4 last night? Always love his shows, but last night had him travelling to Scotland & then the Lake District in his trusty Land Rover, camping out in a borrowed tipi & cooking over an open fire...sheer bliss! Foraging for 'shrooms, fishing. I believe he continues his journey next week. Worth checking out if you can! ;)

Angus Og

Nov 6, 2004
Glasgow
Ogri the trog said:
Damn and blast, I read a piece in one of the supppliments the other day and wondered when it would be on.

Ogri the trog

I agree with that. Off to have a look to see if it's on e4.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Yes I saw it and loved every minute of it. That tipi of his looked a goodun and what about that cauliflower fungus, it was huge. I look forward to the next show..............Jon

Beer Monster

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 25, 2004
With the gnu!
Wednesday nights are my only TV night of the week i.e. it’s the only night of the week with decent programming. River Cottage, Natural World (and the little 10 minute programmes afterwards which are always good) and Life in the Undergrowth. :)

mark a.

Settler
Jul 25, 2005
Surrey
It was a bit rushed (he seemed to spend only about 2 breathless minutes in each of the locations), but it was still a good programme. Naturally he seems pretty good at the outdoor cooking malarky - just rustling up some fish or bird to thrown on the open fire. Looked very nice indeed.

He's hardly travelled light and small (e.g. tipi, camera crews, and he seems to have a different knife each time he needs one), but it looks like he's enjoying it.

Looking forward to next week's episode.

Yohny

Tenderfoot
Jul 13, 2005
Thanet, Kent
I'd like to know where he got that grid he was cooking on - I'd love to have one, although not very portable if you only have a rucksack, I guess!

Kane

Forager
Aug 22, 2005
UK
Anyone know what sort of Tipi he had? The kids are showing an interest in camping and I fancy getting something that doesn't feel too cramped if it's raining :)

Kane

Ralph

Forager
Oct 31, 2005
lost
Beer Monster said:
Wednesday nights are my only TV night of the week i.e. it’s the only night of the week with decent programming. River Cottage, Natural World (and the little 10 minute programmes afterwards which are always good) and Life in the Undergrowth. :)
And then at 10 on c4 there lost to shout at the TV while the characters malpractice bushcraft. :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE