RIP Prince Philip.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
The Duke and his missus came to our school to open a wing and give the school its second royal charter from a serving queen Elizabeth. The thing i remember was getting the riot act read to us about talking to the Duke. We were only supposed to only reply. They were terrified one of us would trigger a mis speaking moment in the Duke and it would make the news. There were enough bright kids, streetwise enough to be able to manipulate the conversation given the chance.

By chance the Queen missed our group and the Duke filled in the gap so to speak by talking to us. Our impressions were positive. He seemed natural and funny. I wish I'd met the guy as an adult because position aside I think people would naturally get on with the guy. A people person I think.

Having said that I'm not a royalist and would prefer an end to constitutional monarchy. I do wish the family my best wishes because reckon he was the type of person who leaves a big hole in lives left behind.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
There seem to be mixed feeling about him from some of the "republican" commentators on teh Interwebs, but I am not a royalist and I don't have anything against him. He saw active service and instituted the DoE awards. So he said a few (well more than a few) politically incorrect things, that would have been commonplace in my youth,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE