Rifle Cheek Piece Covers/Ammo Holders

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
I'll take one too please

James i have sent you 2 PM's and posted on here and you have not replied.
Group buys work on trust and the least you can do is communicate with the organiser.

The cheek piece you ordered has been sold but do not ask to be part of future group buys if you will not play fair.

:(

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Received both my cheek piece and Bi Pod, thanks RB.

Now for a gentle reminder...if and when you have time 'British Red' I would like to see your pics as to how I'll fit the Bi Pod to a No 4 .

Cheers,

:)

Hi,

First off my aplogies - this took longer than I intended - my quack visit turned into surgery :(

Anyway - heres my No.4 set up

631537731_e21ab929ed.jpg

Hardly a stock No. 4 but actually, other than the sporter stock and two wood screws, everything can be returned to normal. I use an Armalon "no gun smith" scope mount. This drops into the charger guide and attaches using the same screw that holds on the flip up rear sight. Using this system, I can use original sights for service rifle, Parker Hale apertures by changing the rear sight and foresight element or scope and bipod for practical rifle.

Anyway - here is a close up of the bipod attached

631537767_423e64e36e.jpg

Here it is removed. The small "stud" is a QD (quick detach) stud. A wood screw with an odd end. All you do to fit it is start a small hole in the woodwork and screw it in. Be sure to get a short one as it must not bear on the barrel. Normally I use these for attaching slings to my rifle, but the L/E has the fixed sling point, so I attached my Garand sling to these and the QD stud is kept just for the 'pod.

631537783_957d07f539.jpg

If you look closely at the stud, you can see it has a hole through it and flat sides. The Harris type bipod has jaws that grip the sides of the stud. A raised flange goes into the hole at each side and holds the jaw tight.

Its worth noting that the sprung legs of the Harris also mean it can be folded up neatly under the barrel when not in use - a useful feature when carrying or shooting 3 position.

631537829_9d0e7390b0.jpg

I hope that helps. If you need any more info or have questions, just say

Oh yeah - sorry about the blistering on the forend :eek: . 150 rounds a detail PR shoot. I fired three successive details. 450 rounds of .303 makes your barrel just a little warm - as the forend finish shows :D

Red

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Oh yeah - about the blistering on the forend :eek: . 150 rounds a detail PR shoot. I fired three successive details. 450 rounds of .303 makes your barrel just a little warm - as the forend finish shows :D

Red
:eek: Blimey I hope you took advatage and threw a few rashers and a couple of eggs on the barrel :D

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Did the same course of fire once with a No. 5 (Jungle carbine). Showed clear at the end, took the bolt out and picked it up by the (unguarded) barrel.

"Oh gosh drat deary me" said I :(

Red

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Did the same course of fire once with a No. 5 (Jungle carbine). Showed clear at the end, took the bolt out and picked it up by the (unguarded) barrel.

"Oh gosh drat deary me" said I :(

Red

I bet you did :lmao:

jungle carbine must have left you a bit tender after 450 rounds

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Loved every minute of it.

The next day the bruise started at the top of my shoulder and the yellow rainbow finished halfway down my ribs :eek:.

Great fun though with a bandolier of strippers, using the battle sights to clear the close falling targets and then flip up the aperture for ranged shots

I know most people hate the old Jungle carbine but I have a really soft spot for it. Its very "pointable", much lighter than a No. 4 and just a sweetie.

It is a shoulder muncher though, no question - a complete brute shot prone when you don't "sway" with the recoil!

Red

bushman762

Forager
May 19, 2005
N.Ireland
Glad you are out and about again. I appreciate you taking the time to explain and show the fitting of the Bi Pod.

Now to track down a QD stud, would you recommend using glue on the stud, just I would hate for something like that to start getting loose.

Best Regards,

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Mine hasn't although if you had a problem a dab of Loctite would fix it. Any gunshop should have some QD studs in Just be sure and ask for a short one. If you haven't got a decent store local give SYSS a call and Roger or Sheila will sort you out.

Red

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
You can use a machine screw QD stud with a nut if there isn't much timber up front.

bushman762

Forager
May 19, 2005
N.Ireland
Cheers RB that looks like it would do the job...have tried a couple of places without any joy, so may have to buy direct from USA or perhaps get one made.

Thanks again

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
I think i got my last ones fron the US, if you don't get sorted out let me know and i will add some to my next order.
I will be needing some more relodding stuff soon anyway.

bushman762

Forager
May 19, 2005
N.Ireland
RB at various ranges, but mostly in Tyrone, have had a few invites to head down your way, but I don't get her out that often, now I have the Bi-Pod I hope to get a little reloading done and fine tune the load I work with. Its not a fine precision instrument (Lee Enfield) but it has been known to shoot well.

BR I purchased the scope mount of the web, I've had it that long now, can't remember the details. It allows for quick attachment or un-attachment with accurate fittings and holding zero, there's just two thumb screws holding it in place, plus it allows you to use the open field site under the scope if you wish.

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE