Ridiculous prices on ebay

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Topcat02

Settler
Aug 9, 2005
Dymock, Gloucestershire
I had my eye on a new Stewart Marsh bushcraft knife as it was hovering around the £100-£120 price range.

I logged on to ebay today to find that someone bid £ 3 7 1 . 0 0 on it. £371.00 can you believe it, it's lunacy!

:banghead: :banghead:

Topcat02

Settler
Aug 9, 2005
Dymock, Gloucestershire
I'm sure Stewart Marsh was grinning from ear to ear. In the long run though, is that any good for business or customers. The risk is pricing out your bread and butter customers.

Angus Og

Nov 6, 2004
Glasgow
If you think thats bad there is a Ray Mears Wilkinson Sword Bushcraft Knife (Maple) starting bid at £400. or buy it now for £500.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
If someone wants to pay that sort of money good luck to them.

You could get a one off knife made to your design for less by contacting one of the makers on here or on BB.

I'd do it before they start selling on Ebay :eek: :D

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Angus Og said:
If you think thats bad there is a Ray Mears Wilkinson Sword Bushcraft Knife (Maple) starting bid at £400. or buy it now for £500.

Collectors item now as factory has just closed?

Cheers

sodajoe

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 17, 2005
Co Armagh
I bought a Wikinson Sword/RM birdseye knife about a year ago but have used it only once. I normally use a Mora Training knife because I want to get to grips with using and sharpening a knife before I screw up the RM. While I have no intention of selling it, I think I could get quite precious about it knowing they are so sought after now.

twelveboar

Forager
Sep 20, 2005
County Durham
According to a thread on BB the Wilkinson Sword factory has been totally folded and the machinery sold. Only the Sheath/Scabbard maker is having a go at continuing. It's the end of an era, and a part of our history and heritage gone forever. Think of all the millitary battles and operations that involved a WS blade, and you can see why everyone wants one. Just wish I'd bought 2.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE