Ridgeline question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gallatos

May 27, 2013
glasgow
Hey,

Firstly, apologies if this question has been asked and answered loads of times.

At the moment my tarp&hammy set up is as follows:

paracord ridgeline supporting my tarp,
tree huggers, marlin spike hitch, amsteel whoopie sling, storm ring, hammock with an amsteel structural ridgeline.

Is there any technical or safety issues with forgoing my paracord ridgeline and prussicing my tarp directly onto my whoopie slings?

thanks,

Gallatos

jiffi

Nomad
Jun 24, 2010
Castle Douglas, Scotland
None that I'm aware of the ridge line on your hammock is very useful as it allows you to keep your hammock setup more consistent by way of when the ridge line sits right the lay should be right. It's also very useful for beignets and hanging stuff on. There are I believe a few hammocks that need it but I am generalising as you didn't say what hammock you have

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
The other thing to bear in mind that when it's hissing down you can pack your hammock away whilst still under the shelter of your tarp.

If you hitch it to your hammock whoopie slings you won't be able to

jiffi

Nomad
Jun 24, 2010
Castle Douglas, Scotland
Personally I would leave it but I use my ridge line for lots of jobs so I suppose I'm a bit bias. It also means you are going to have to relearn your lay and suspension!!!!! Best of luck what ever you do. Also if your hammock has an integral bugnet it will lie on top of your face (uncomfy and annoying)!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE