Rib-Eye Steak

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Mrs QDanT went out to the Shoe Mines and Handbag Quarry yesterday (Sat.) So I had a Fry Up for Breakfast
8x6_zpspiabwd8l.jpg~original

Getting the Black pudding out of the fridge I spotted some Rib-Eye Steak :D so rubbing in Olive Oil and sprinkling some Piri Piri herb and spice blend and Garlic, Pepper and Chilli seasoning on, I put it on one side to Marinade for a few hours.
I'd found a cast iron cauldron in a local charity shop (it was a really rough cast inside) I thought it would make an ideal small B-B-Q and it was only £3. But on the trial light though it just wasn’t getting enough air intake so I drilled x8 1/2” holes around the circumference (Perfect)
03_zpsorntxtck.jpg~original

using my home made (large Baked Bean) tin Charcoal starter
01_zps7pi1bcrz.jpg~original

02_zpsncrtkgzv.jpg~original

So Charcoal lit
04_zpsn0oge6hd.jpg~original

and poured in
05_zps4irt3q5m.jpg~original

and we’re Good to Go. I’ve had the cast iron grid a few years and taken it out on a few B-B-Q Expeditions

http://teddytourteas.blogspot.co.uk/2011/01/teddy-tours-to-knotteranum.html

06_zpsxw3q4mfh.jpg~original

No 1 Chef says it’s ready
07_zps5d6gqwlt.jpg~original

I’d just finished the big thinner (larger bit) when Mrs QDanT landed back (Starving !) and snaffled the small thicker piece. But I’d drunk all the wine ! I carried the B-B-Q into the front room and lit the stove with the embers
08_zpsywplqij3.jpg~original

and opened another bottle of wine !

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Very nice indeed. I use one of the cheap cast iron pot belly barbecues, once the food is done I take the grill bit off and chuck logs in. It's been going for years now. As the notes of Coronation Street fade (Madams choice, not mine), I'm in envy, though my little burner is chucking out heat. It's too wet to sit out, we've got the sideways rain and a squally wind here in Sussex. One dog, the old Jack, wouldn't even get off the sofa for a walk. Sensible girl ;)

Monikieman

Jun 17, 2013
Monikie, Angus
That fireplace is like one of those detective PC games where you have to click on the picture as to where things are. Theres a fire steel, oh, and another and a mag bar and a swedish.......... Superb.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Yourwoodburner is like ours....a proper working fire not a silly thing.

Lovely to hear from you and Teddy Dan :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE