REVIEW Snugpak "THE SLEEPING BAG"

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Recently I found that in my collection of sleeping bags I didn't really have one that fit into the late Spring to Early Autumn category, so I decided to have a look around the Interweb and see what was a cheap but viable option. One bag that caught my eye was a snugpak bag simply called the grandois name of "THE sleeping bag". It was around £26.00 on a well known auction site so I thought I'd take a chance.
Suffice to say It arrived in a few days and I wasn't at all disappointed. The bag looked well made with a standard looking snugpak nylon outer, but I was pleasantly surprised by a soft polycotton inn er that was soft to the touch and comfortable without that cold nylon "shock"when you get in at bed time. The length purports to be 220cm and at 5 feet 6 inches I had plenty of room to play with. Width wise it's a mummy design with a chest size of 65cm and 38cm at the knees. I don't have a problem with mummy bags but if you like the sound of this bag and need more room the the Snugpak Navigator is the same bag but in an envelope shape. At 1.7kg it's not a light bag, but then you're not paying light bag prices. The filling of the bag is "IsoFibre" which is polyester and has a rating of -2c comfort down to -7c extreme. This last weekend I used it down to 0c with just boxers and a t-shirt on and it was toasty warm. The hood and the neck baffle did a great job of keeping the heat in and although some on camp complained of a chilly night, I slept through without incident.
The bag comes in a "Bushy" olive green or a smart red and black with either left or right handed zips as an option. The bag packs down to 22X20cm with the included stuff sack and sits well in the bottom of my pack (Camelbak BFM). In conclusion I thing that Snugpak's "THE SLEEPING BAG" is well worth the sub £30 price tag for those chill spring and autumn nights when it's not quite summer, not quite winter. It has earned a place in my pack and I'd recommend it

Cheers

Mad Dave

sleeping bag1.JPG

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
Yeah I like mine too although I find it's limit is around +5c. Obviously that's subjective. I believe the Snugpack ''Navigator'' is the same bag but envelope shaped not mummy. Very good bags for the money.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE