Review of my Crusader lid made by Woof

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kaizersoza

Trekking Troubador
Jan 12, 2014
Swansea
I asked recently on BCUK if anyone made the lids for the crusader sets, one member Woof contacted me and said he had a spare one I could have, he said it was a bit scratched and dented but it would do the job, anyhow, he sent it to me and it looked pretty good to me, it was fashioned from aluminium with a little loop rivetted onto the top and finished with a loop of parachord, I had previously only used the plastic top and this was melting all the time and getting jammed in the crusader cup when I got a brew together,

So my better half and I took it out with us to the wilds of Llandeilo and a woodland nearby to try it out, we also took a hammock and a picnic, I used the lid for the first time proper, in conjunction with a Trangia burner and a Trangia Triangle, to cut a short story short, it brewed up enough water for a brew each in about 4-5 minutes doing its job very well, If its a bit windy I use a wind stopper this also helps with the boil time

Previously it was taking about 8-9 minutes and then I would get scalded or singed trying to remove the plastic cover, this just lifts off easily and the parachord does not melt due to where it sits on the top of the lid I know some of you guys frown upon aluminium, but we have not had any effects from using the lid at all, I still have all 6 fingers lol

Woof mate I cannot thank you enough for your kind gesture its certainly made my life easier when I am out using the Crusader set, Woof asked me to stick a few pics up so here they are

kaizer

20140518_131428.jpg20140518_130458.jpgme getting a brew on.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE