Review.. Karrimor Saber 30

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 14, 2005
Northiam, East Sussex
Please ignore my previous ramblings, I got confused having so many links open from a seperate post I made about daypacks and posted here by mistake.

Sabre 30 would be lovely, but the cheapest I can find it is online at about £45.

Have found an alternative which seems quite reasonable for £25 (Mountain Warehouse). Its the Karrimor Ridge 25 .

Maybe not in quite the same league, but if you want a cheap daypack and can't get one of these Saber's for such a good deal then it might be worth considering.

Geoff

Ice Tigre

Nov 30, 2005
Alaska, USA
thanks for posting in this thread, I had not seen it before and that pack looks great, just what I need. now to get one in the states...... might be intersting.

gary

Wink

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 4, 2004
Norfolk
If anyone wants a much cheaper version of the Sabre, and are prepared to sacrifice a bit of quality, check out the Gelert Combat 40 rucksack. I paid £12 for mine, cos I needed a daysack (my other rucksack is a Berghaus Vulcan, nuff said). I've just used it the once so far, but it does the job well. It has a well padded back with a very breathable foam/fabric, padded hipbelt, chest strap, side compression straps, wand pockets, ice axe strap, lid pocket, snow closure. Very comfy and eats a surprising amount of gear, although the compression straps mean that you needn't worry about things flopping about when part loaded.

The only reservation may be in terms of build quality, as it seems a lot less substantial than my Berghaus, or my previous Vango. But then again it is quite light in weight, and I am prepared to give it the benefit of the doubt until something breaks, especially for this money!

see http://www.singersoutdoors.co.uk/showproduct.asp?id=74&pgid=161&r=161/X/0/0

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE