Reversible pouch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Following on from my post about making a hidden seam lined box pouch, I realised the same technique would apply to my normal lined EDC pouches. I don't have any reversible zip pulls (yet) but reckon this has applications if you want to remain stealthy or having something that's easy to find in a pack/ground when dropped

reversible%20pouch.jpg

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I've just ordered a load of reversible zips (zips are really expensive!) so will give it a go...

Gone for #5 zips as although I have hundreds of metres of #3 (cheap off Facebook), the sliders are a pain to deal with. Hoping the #5 will be easier to put onto the coil. That pouch has a #8, which is a bit overkill.

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Nice!

My running windproof works in a similar way - the top ticks away into on of the pockets, reversed. Maybe you could do that for a bigger pouch into the pouch?

Thanks. I have a Pac-a-mac that does that. It's certainly possible, but not sure of the application. Having a shopping bag that packs into a pouch would be useful but you'd be limited by the length of the zip with a closed pouch, I think.

I've ordered some orange ripstop so will see what I can come up with

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
New zips and fabric arrived today. Sewing ripstop is a bit of a pain as it's so slippery but having a compound feed sewing machine helps. I know some people use tape but I think it makes the needle sticky when sewing through it. I need to increase the bobbin tension, I think, as the orange thread was showing through on the black side (or I could just use black thread top and bottom). All double stitched.
Useful if you want to remain stealthy or want to be seen. The next one will have bigger flaps over the zip
reversible%20pouch%202.jpg

Reactions: MartinK9 and TeeDee

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE