Returning items

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Hi guys,

A bit of advice needed please.

Firstly I'm not going to name the company as that's not fair. Nor is it there problem the astronomical price of sending small parcels via royal fail.

Anyhow, I have a dd tarp, I decided that I wanted to have doors sewn on to make it a 4 season tarp.
So I got a price and sent or off to have the doors put on, cost me around £6-7 postage and £35 to have it done.

When I eventually got it back the doors were so tiny that they couldn't be 'closed' and have my hammock under it at the same time, which is exactly what I asked for.

So I contacted the seller and he said no problem send it back and I will correct it, which I think is brilliant, but when I sent it back it cost me £10 exactly to send it via Royal Mail.

So I emailed the company and said I had sent it off and jokingly put that he should send it via pigeon mail as it cost me £10, thinking he would offer to repay me the charges.

Unfortunately he hasn't, I just got ok cheers as a reply.

Now I don't want to fall out or get funny with this chap as his work is fantastic and I hope to continue buying from him as he sells great stuff.

But I also feel he should reimburse me for my troubles, my question is this, how can I bring the subject up but without pushing my luck or putting him in a situation where he has no choice but to reimburse me?

Like I say I dropped a subtle hint but he didn't take it. This tarp had cost me £85 plus which I could have got a warnonnet superfly for!!

Cheers
Steve

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
just ask him, ive been in that same position, and as it is his fault he should reimburse you,if you don't ask you don't get regards dave

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
I agree with Dave just ask politely. Will you be refunding me the postage as I have had to send the tarp back to you to correct a error ? Regards or thanks your name

Sent from my Baobab Tree.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE