Return Trip to Hidden Valley

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
I had the opportunity to get back to Hidden Valley for some more camping and trout fishing. I arrived on Wednesday, 20 April and left on Friday, 22 April. I got my campsite established Wednesday and fished Thursday and Friday. The weather was clear on Wednesday and Thursday, but the rain returned on Friday.

My tent and dining fly / tarp.
DSCN1807.jpg

I used my Sven saw to get my firewood sorted.
DSCN1803.jpg

The Sven saw stowed in the carry configuration.
DSCN1809.jpg

Then put the pot on for a brew.
DSCN1862.jpg

The valley looking towards Back Creek Mountain.
DSCN1856.jpg

Virginia Bluebells (Mertensia virginica).
DSCN1851.jpg

Some of my catch, a brown and two brook trout.
DSCN1858.jpg

It was a productive and relaxing trip. To see what I had for some of my meals, look at the Lovely Grub forum and view the thread Camp Food.

Thanks for looking.

Gordy

Last edited:

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
Looks like a good day out & the fish are making me hungry:D
I see spring is much more advanced there than here.
I like the tripod over the fire pit. It looks to be made of rebar? And does it belong to the campground or is it yours?
If I had to guess, I'd say it's your own as anything not bolted down seems to disappear these days.

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
Martin and Cliff, I was fortunate in my catch for both days of fishing, a creel limit for each day.

bb07, the tripod is mine. My Brother-in law made it for me several years ago. It has come in very handy, especially with the dutch oven stews. Spring really "sprung" Easter weekend with temps to almost 90 F.

Gordy

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE