Return of the Banana Slug!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

aris

Forager
Sep 29, 2012
UK
I have this t shirt!

4K53WbD.png

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Yeah that's the one :) A magical place if you ever get chance to get over that way

I don't think they have much of a winter in Tofino, certainly not compared to a lot of Canada, not sure if it's Gulf Stream or not.....

Definitely not Gulfstream. It's on the wrong side of the continent. The Gulfstream originates in the Gulf of Mexico around the southern tip of Florida and flows north along the coast to Eastern Canada before crossing the Atlantic to England and Europe.

aris

Forager
Sep 29, 2012
UK
I like the shirt too, aris! How in the world did you get one?

There is actually a picture of a similar T-shirt in the write-up. Apparently, the Banana Slug is reading Plato. :)

- Woodsorrel

Easy enough - I happened to visit UC Santa Cruz in the mid 90's :)

The Banana Slug is the UCSC mascot.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Definitely not Gulfstream. It's on the wrong side of the continent. The Gulfstream originates in the Gulf of Mexico around the southern tip of Florida and flows north along the coast to Eastern Canada before crossing the Atlantic to England and Europe.

Thanks for clearing that up, geography was never my strong point, for some reason I went for RE in my school exams instead :) Give me a 1:50k map and a compass and I'm okay though :)

From the BBC ..

The influence of the warmer maritime air of Pacific Ocean origin is mainly confined to the small area of Canada west of the Rockies in British Columbia. The coast and some inland valleys in this province have a very different climate to the rest of the country, resembling that of the British Isles and other parts of northwest Europe. Here winters are mild and summers warm, with rain falling all through the year but with a maximum fall in winter.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
"The influence of the warmer maritime air of Pacific Ocean origin is mainly confined to the small area of Canada west of the Rockies in British Columbia. The coast and some inland valleys in this province have a very different climate to the rest of the country, resembling that of the British Isles and other parts of northwest Europe. Here winters are mild and summers warm, with rain falling all through the year but with a maximum fall in winter. "

Yep. That's the same currents that warm coastal Washington state.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE