Retro tent- cool or not cool

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Orange and brown colour scheme - err yeah, okaaaay...
Retro frame tent - well it's... different...
The wife and kids love it - priceless! :D
Yup, the brown roof you will hate with a passion, very dark, like living in the dark brown stuff. Try it before you take it to the moot!

The suare sides and the solidness of it is what your missing, mind you they now do square side alloy poles on the new ones, as good ideas are hard to get rid of.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Maybe it will help the wife achieve the afternoon sleep!

It has a full length window one end so it won't be too cave like but I know where you are coming from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
CO diffuses pretty evenly so not sure sitting low gives you an advantage, but as long as it's vented cooking in a tent (on gas) should be fine.

It rises, particularly when warm. That's why Boats have to have roof level ventilation.

But as you say, gas is ok, not much CO given off (relative to other fuels) and keeping the flame blue keeps quantity down.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Thanks everyone. Well it looks like the wife is pretty determined.

Blimey Tengu, one like it on EBay went for £99!

It's a well made thing and in good condition. After we put it up there was a big thunder storm and it stayed dry. ( big consideration after the soaking we took in the wake of Bertha last Bushmoot)

Kind of needs one of those wooden camping trailers now and some flares.

I should have asked for ages with the opinions. Well into my 40's I see this as just old fashioned but I never camped in one like this. I suspect those of you experiencing this for the first time are the ones leaning on the retro chic side.

Thank goodness for my decent sized 4x4!

Now if Wynnchester made one.....

I think it's cool because I know how good they are, and I'm 58.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
If it's well made, keeps you dry and makes you smile when you look at it, doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

That said, it looks like the changing facilities on a Butlin's holiday camp for the clowns! :lmao: And lets be honest, that can only be a good thing when it comes to camping out... it raises a smile and sort of gets people talking... far better than a generic dayglo tent from a camping superstore!

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
I bought a similar thing; Relum Paradiso, about ten yrs ago, ostensibly to chop up for the canvas, but Mrs B. took a shine to it and we ended up using it for a few years. :shrugs:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Blimo you just can't odds it.

I will be in my Wynnchester Adventure bag under the Tarp you made me. Kids are all DD'd up. Now my eldest has broken ranks and wants to use a pop up tent this year!

We will be proper Glamping next!

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
ive got a huge 8 man nylon tepee which if beige in colour and has a floral print rising from ground to about 2 feet up the sides all the way round. and I know its not going to get used even though its brand new. my mrs said she wouldn't dare put that up on a campsite. so good luck and enjoy with your retro nostalgic tent I envy you my flower power tepee will never see a field.:(

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
ive got a huge 8 man nylon tepee which if beige in colour and has a floral print rising from ground to about 2 feet up the sides all the way round. and I know its not going to get used even though its brand new. my mrs said she wouldn't dare put that up on a campsite. so good luck and enjoy with your retro nostalgic tent I envy you my flower power tepee will never see a field.:(

Do you have a picture (off the label, ad or goopix) of your flowery tipi?

samharber

Jan 29, 2014
Tameside
Argos were selling them a few years ago, in 3 different sizes. Pretty cheap, looked ok (in the pictures), so I bought the big one. Leaked in the rain, sweaty in the sun, sold it to a friend for a pittance after 2 uses.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE