Restaurant quality egg fried rice

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Some members here know that Fiona & I love cooking "properly" when out & about. Fiona's campfire Thai curry has become renowned

Thai Curry by British Red, on Flickr

We also do a lot of chinese dishes & a while ago I became interested in really doing them properly. I was surprised to find that producing fried rice as good as a restaurant was tricky. After a lot of research I found out how it's done & once you know, it can be put together as fast as a takeaway!

Here's how we do it

Reactions: mrmike

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Suberb more or less the way i do it . No msg for me but try a splash of fish sauce ? Secret ingredient .
I do use a lot of fish sauce in other dishes. I remember being worried about health impacts of MSG and then I learned that it's just seaweed extract & glutamates occur naturally in many foods. It's interesting that no scientific study has shown health issues

That said of course, if you don't like it it's fine to use other tastes.

Last edited:
Reactions: FerlasDave

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
I can feel msg on my tongue /mouth for a time after eating chinese foods.
Channels i have been following have stated 3 of the worst things in our food is Fluoride . Msg. and Aspartame

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I can feel msg on my tongue /mouth for a time after eating chinese foods.
Channels i have been following have stated 3 of the worst things in our food is Fluoride . Msg. and Aspartame
That must be so inconvenient given it occurs naturally in so many foods from ripe fruits to cured meats. I feel for you

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE