Reproofing Vango Tent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andibs

Forager
Jan 27, 2012
S. Yorks
My tried and tested vango Banshee decided to leak like a sieve on the last outing. To be fair it was gale force wind and driving rain and up until then it had stood up to anything. Does anyone know if if session in the washing machine with some Nik Wax will re proof it ?

Cheers

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I tend to spray my tents rather than put them in a machine, I'm just paranoid about wrecking them I suppose.

Not tried Fabsil but can recommend Nikwax Solarproof

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
I wouldn't put it in the washing machine. I would check the seam seals as well before doing anything as thats the most common place for leaks to occur
Are we talking extreme weather ? if so it might just have been too much for the tent and it will be fine in less extreme conditions
If the tent is quite old(tried and tested) it may be best to recycle it if it is found to be leaking as even after spending time and money it may never be right and you are just throwing good money after bad and it will wet through again.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
As they say in Hot Fuzz "What he said" - I wouldn't put it in the washing machine. Doesn't do tents any good. My prefered is Nikwax UV and water proof painted/sprayed on. Though lots of folk use Grangers tent proof with good results. (Just think Nikwax are a better/more ethical company). The washing machine is not a good idea.
Goatboy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE