Replacing the bungee cord on a sabre 45

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grotzilla

Nomad
May 5, 2014
United Kingdom
As the title suggests, my sabre 45 is missing the bungee cord on the outer lid.

Any ideas/methods on replacing this? The bag was bought 2nd hand and never had any cord so any links or photos would be much appreciated

Thanks

Richard

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

JamPan

Forager
Jun 8, 2017
Yorkshire
So long as you've got exit holes and a sleeve, the easiest way is carefully slide through the sleeve a piece of wire like a straightened coat hanger with the point wrapped up with tape to keep blunt. Then securely tape one end of bungee to the far end and feed it all the way through until you've got bungee at both ends.

Grotzilla

Nomad
May 5, 2014
United Kingdom
No it looks as if it just clips on with a toggle. Tbh after looking at photos it looks quite simple I just need to know what diameter cord to use
2e5b4f9571f8fc0b9ebee7e6aa53c98c.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
Just use a plastic ruler ? It will likely be a standard size elastic cord, 2 or 3mm I would guess, it won't be available in a huge range of sizes so verniers may not be required !

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
I've just dug mine out of the cupboard and the cord is 3mm and the holes in the clips look to be 4mm :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE