Replacement/repair "Small forest Axe" case/protector

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Agile

Forager
Dec 27, 2006
Bournemouth, Dorset
I've just got myself a new Gansfors Small forest Axe, but it arrived with a small amount of damage to the cover/protector on the strap that retains the holder on the axe. It hasn't broken yet, but it is cut cleanly about 1/4 of the way though.

Anyone got any good ideas as how to ensure it doesn't get any worse, or any appropriate replacements should the worst happen and the strap go totally? I was thinking of replacing the strap with a length of paracord, as that's good enough and a little lighter, but ideally a leather replacement of higher quality would be the best idea!

Thanks

Agile

buckley

Nomad
Nov 8, 2006
United Kingdom
The sheaths are pants anyway, the quality of the sheath is not equal to that of the axe!

Why don't you get singtek to make you one of his sheaths, it will last forever and adds a nice finishing touch to the axe.

The dealer is legally bound to replace the item surely??

Agile

Forager
Dec 27, 2006
Bournemouth, Dorset
Buckley8219 said:
The sheaths are pants anyway, the quality of the sheath is not equal to that of the axe!

Why don't you get singtek to make you one of his sheaths, it will last forever and adds a nice finishing touch to the axe.

The dealer is legally bound to replace the item surely??

Yes, he is, but he actually gave such a good service that I'm willing to shoulder this one - usually that isn't the case, but I try and reward good service.

I shall try and contact Singtek, as like you said, the sheath isn't up to the quality of the axe.

Thanks for the input :)

As an aside, what should I use to "repair" leather if it's broken anyway, glue - stitches, replacement - any ideas?

Agile

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
Send it back mate you pay enough for this " wonderful kit" it should be up to scratch no excuses. If they dont want to quality control what they put their name to get out of the business,

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Can you post a piccie so we can see what is broken / needs repair?

buckley

Nomad
Nov 8, 2006
United Kingdom
I tell you what, I have a spare sheath in great condition, as singtek made me a very nice one, the one that came with it is now surplus to requirements ;)

I'll post it to you free of charge on monday morning PM me, I am away working this weekend unfortunately.

Take it easy

Agile

Forager
Dec 27, 2006
Bournemouth, Dorset
g4ghb said:
Can you post a piccie so we can see what is broken / needs repair?

2372247570100278057MkolDi_ph.jpg

As you can see, it's more of a cut than anything, but it is on the already quite narrow, load-bearing section

Agile

Forager
Dec 27, 2006
Bournemouth, Dorset
Phil562 said:
Its only load bearing if you use the GB belt carry method

Thanks for the advice all - I tried it out in the field and found that I didn't really get on with the whole loop in the belt loop method anyway, so I am going to invest in a Singteck brand instead :)

Thanks all for your help!

Agile

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE