renting a camping field

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

alex905

Oct 9, 2006
england
hi i have been around for a bit(mostly lurking) and i have a question.

im part of a website that has been having meetups for the past 3 years and this year we got the idea to rent a feild and all go camping. sorry to say this will mostly be a p***up(im bringing the home brew) but the problem is non of us know anythign abotu renting fields. fortunatly it wont be many something like 10 or so people, i will hopfully be able to get some numbers soon.

so my question is how hard would it be to get a feild for this and does anyone now how to go about it or does anyone here have a suietable feild. also what price will we be looking at for say 3 days

Aliwren

Nomad
Jan 2, 2006
Bedford
Pick the area you want and then approach landowners - providing the field is used for less than 28 days in the year for camping there should be no planning problems.

If you want fresh water toilets etc you would be better looking for a proper site, there are loads around which have 'group' fields that can be hired out.

alex905

Oct 9, 2006
england
We definsatly need faciltys but now im worried that their arent many places that we can be isolated from the rest if the campers(we will be noisy). i ahve had a looka round but i cant tell much about the place that way.Thats why i cam here becuase i thought i would be able to geta few good sugestions of where to go. or any sites in perticuler that people would recomned for this.

Aliwren

Nomad
Jan 2, 2006
Bedford
You need to decide on location first then hopefully people can make suggestions. I have used the rally fields at the site below before near Milton Keynes also ones in the Peaks Wales and Lakes it depends on where you want to go, do you want a site in the middle of no where or near to local pubs etc??

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=1396

To give you an idea of cost at that site:

RALLY FIELDS - CLUB GROUPS (10 minimum)
Club Rally Group bookings must be arranged in advance with the Park's Rally Officer and will normally give exclusive use of field required.

Pitch per Night £8.50 Pitch per Week £51.00

alex905

Oct 9, 2006
england
Well people are shouting for the lake district but:

1) Anywhere in england really but closer to the middle the better(for travel)
2) Pubs would be nice not not essential(we can bring our own beer)

The rally fields look good im just going throgh their sites now and i will suugest it to the guys today.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE