Rent or own

knifefan

Nov 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
Selling or giving to family is fine. You can put as many clauses in as you feel necessary.
Just remember its 7yrs from the transfer date for any taxes. But 10 yrs if the government feels you have done this to avoid future care fees......

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Selling or giving to family is fine. You can put as many clauses in as you feel necessary.
Just remember its 7yrs from the transfer date for any taxes. But 10 yrs if the government feels you have done this to avoid future care fees......

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Glad i have a few years left in me healthwise and expected life term.

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
I was saying how's everyone should be given the opportunity to own there own house and shouldn't have to rely on having parents with a few quid to help them

You have to remember that not everyone starts from the same position in life and some people do not actually have ‘parents with a few quid’ as you put it in the first place and they are simply not able to help their children financially even if they want to. Some people also have parents that neglect their children and won’t help them even if they can. And some people don’t have any parents at all. And there are some people that will get no help or receive any inheritance whatsoever from anyone at all. I have personal experience of all the above but for emotional reasons and forum rules I am not able to expand further. The housing in this country, both owned and rented, is an ever deepening, disgraceful, and deliberately manipulated scandal.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I was a reading an article by the author Charlie Stross the other day which put me in mind of this thread...

"...Since 2008, the UK economy has stagnated drastically. It's still producing jobs—this hasn't been called the "unemployment-free recession" for nothing—but they're mostly low-paid jobs at the bottom of the pile. We can still manufacture stuff, it seems, but manufacturing no longer provides mass employment. And service jobs are rapidly being automated, as witness the spread of self-service checkouts and ATMs and lights-out warehouses. (You know the pack drill: I'm not going to repeat the reasons for this here.) The important news is that wage growth is finally overtaking inflation for the first time in 5 years, after a period of net decline in personal income (unless you're in the 1% at the top of the 1%, of course).
I'm not even going to anatomize the new housing bubble: it's just plain depressing to contemplate.
So: low or stagnant income, the services my generation depended on and took for granted will no longer exist or be private monopolies, you either take on a crushing debt burden or consign yourself to unskilled labour for life, the cost of housing is an unsuperable barrier. To that you can add childcare costs: it's estimated that the cost of day care for one infant is around 70-80% of the average female wage. One ray of hope for Generation Y is rising life expectancy—but by the same token the retirement age is rising, because there's no way that working for 40 years can cover the costs of education and housing debt and a pension or annuity that will support you for another 25-30 years. Generation Y will probably work until they become too infirm, some time in their late 70s to early 80s, then experience the final 3-5 year period of decline in poor health and poverty if this goes on (because of course we're talking about the state of the nation between 2060 and 2080)..."

All quite depressing stuff really.

Here is the link...

Generation Z

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE