Renewed threat to our woodlands

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Does this mean there's a chance the forestry commission will be selling off little patches of land? I quite fancy a bit of forest actually.

How are they planning to sell the land off? In massive lumps to huge companies or in little lots to the average bloke?

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
Does this mean there's a chance the forestry commission will be selling off little patches of land? I quite fancy a bit of forest actually.

How are they planning to sell the land off? In massive lumps to huge companies or in little lots to the average bloke?

The FC has always sold off bits of woodland/forest over the years, there's details on the FC website.

The new proposals that led to the review aimed to sell off far more but one of the aims was to sell/give to local groups to look after. Who knows what the panel will come up with, hopefully we'll find out next week.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
The FC has always sold off bits of woodland/forest over the years, there's details on the FC website.

The new proposals that led to the review aimed to sell off far more but one of the aims was to sell/give to local groups to look after. Who knows what the panel will come up with, hopefully we'll find out next week.

Thanks, interesting stuff.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE