Remember the days when...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
An Ullfrotte 200g was £32...

Boots weren't made to fit pixies...

A medium was actually a medium...

The word 'tactical' wasn't overused and stuck to everything even vaguely military (thankyou COD4)...

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Sod Ullfrotte, I'd rather think back to things like Spangles, marathon bars, chips 3d a bag, and beer 9p a pint and coming home happy if Janet from No41 was in a good mood :)

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Sod Ullfrotte, I'd rather think back to things like Spangles, marathon bars, chips 3d a bag, and beer 9p a pint and coming home happy if Janet from No41 was in a good mood :)

Now we are talking Spangles were magic ! with a canny bag o tudor and a can of top deck

Jason

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
You could go out with a tenner, get ar$£holed, buy some shavings from
the 'revolving elephants leg of joy' and still have change for a taxi home.

Of course, nostalgia has a subscription to Rose tinted glasses monthly.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
Back in the day, oh yeah. Going winter fell walking in doc martens, ex army lightweight trousers, acrylic jumpers and a set of yellow oil skins that my dad got me from work.
Of course, I was safe in the knowledge that my orange plastic bivvy bag would enable me to survive benightment in the coldest weather too. Great days.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I raise you an orange bivvy bag, and show off a brown paper layered one :D
Not joking, we've been redding out the loft and among HWMBLT's old kit there it was, neatly folded up :)

Penny dainties, caramels so big you had to crack the on a step or windowsill to get them in your mouth......made my McCowans, who went out of business last week :(

cheers,
Toddy

treefrog

Aug 4, 2008
South Yorkshire
Now we are talking Spangles were magic ! with a canny bag o tudor and a can of top deck

Jason

Had to be the Old English ones

spangles_old_english.jpg

Welshwizard

Forager
Aug 11, 2011
Abergavenny Wales

Jason
Don,t forget that Amazon bar filled with lovely cherry and coconut , Cresta -" its frothy:eek:amazing man" slogan ,Fry,s five boys bar and Fry,s fruit bar with a different fruit in each section , and those cracking little British Bantams the telegram boys use to ride round on ,looking forward to Sat. morning and collecting my Victor comic from the newsagents ,out fishing ,hunting rabbits with my catty or making up some new dutch arrows out of bamboo (if i could find any left in our garden ) or practicing my archery skills .

Last edited:

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
:grouphug:I remember Ansells bitter at 11p a pint at the Railway (GER) Club in 1975 and 2 pulls on the bandit for 5p with a £5 jackpot (all in 5p's :rofl:).

About 1958ish the snow was that bad I couldn't walk through it at 9 years old to get the bus to school, so I had to drive a tractor to the top of our road to catch it, AND THE TRAINS AND BUSES WERE RUNNING ON TIME THROUGH IT ALL!:drive:
Local Bobby clipping your ear as you had road your bike home from the youth club (Love on a Mountain Top was the hit single or Killer Queen:vio:) and your batteries were flat in your lights as you couldn't afford to replace them. He then told your old man when he saw him up town on Market and Auction day so you got another one off him (or the strap).:240:
I bet you can remember the one present Santa:christmas2: sent every year as well (not the three sackfuls everyone seems to get now)......

:sad6:...........................I could write this reminisce for days (no minimum characters apply here) :lmao::lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE