reluctant sale of my woody

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
i need to sell this ,as i NEED a new tipi for the summer coming and my wee new woodburner is waiting to heat it up. i need £350 for the woody it is in great condition ,paypal is fine if sent as gift please,i would consider a trade for the right tipi offerd .
Picture1942.jpg

Picture1943.jpg

Picture1936.jpg

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
£350 for a Woody is a bargain. New they are £270 plus a 10 year wait. You can't get a better price than that, Sold mine last month for £600 :D

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
like he said , the waiting list is mental , the price is fair taking that into consideration . these regulrly go for money like johnathon got, i think the reason is the economical climate just now ,nothing more. i don,t think it is polite either to hijack a thread and try and make potential buyers feel they would be getting ripped off.

eskimo

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 1, 2006
Humberside
If ebay still allowed the sale of knives I believe you would get far more than your asking price. However this would be down mainly to collectors who wanted to purchase the knife for it to sit in it's box increasing in price, not for someone who actually wants to use the knife.

At least on here or BB you will get someone who actually wants to use the knife, unfortunatly the downside of this is that because of the wear and tear of the knife, it will never be an investment that increases in price.

I am sure someone who really wants to use the knife for what it was made will see it as a bargain.

Good Luck with the sale and *Bump*

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
i think it way off the price mark mate and you will not get many if any offers at that

speed

If I may speed,

It's really bad form to question a sellers asking price in public,even if you think you're helping.

I think it's a fair price and only lack of spare prevents me taking it.

I'm sure someone will be tempted soon Gill.

Tom.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
this knife is sold pending funds ,thank you for looking .and i managed to keep my hat . Gill

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
£350 for a Woody is a bargain. New they are £270 plus a 10 year wait. You can't get a better price than that, Sold mine last month for £600 :D

I'm amazed at what some people pay for items, I've seen many folk buy stuff on Ebay for more than what they are in the shops, crazy.

craeg

Native
May 11, 2008
New Marske, North Yorkshire
I am glad that you managed to get a sale but it never ceases to amaze me how much a person is prepared to pay for what is fundamentally a tool to cut objects with.

The saying that my Granddad used years ago still stands true IMHO, "Some folk lad, 'ave more money than bloody sense."

I mean is a RM knife any better than the quality items that say Dave Budd makes for £140 less, I very much doubt it and if I was to spend that kind of money on a knife it would go on a DB knife any day.

Just a thought.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Craeg,

As I've mentioned before it's bad form to discuss such thoughts on a persons sales thread.

By all means do so in a seperate thread.:D

It's just a case of manners really,don't mean to offend anyone.:grouphug:

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
are any of them better or cut any better than a £7 frosts mora ? i take it you have something a bit more substantial than this ,so why not just have the mora . or what car you drive ,we all buy what we like or can afford , or in some cases what we cannot afford. this would have been the third RM woody i,ve had ,and i might have another .and i might change my car to something more substantial and why because i can ! whats with the hijacking of sales lately .keep your opinions to yourself .............just a thought .

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
The attention to detail on Alan Woods knives is above 99% of all other british knifemakers out there, that is why they command such high prices. You can't compare an AW to a Dave Budd, completely different animals and made in very different ways. Alan Woods knives are so perfect that you would think they were made by computers lasers and very expensive machining. The fact that they are made by hand is bloody awesome.

"Some folk lad, 'ave more money than bloody sense."

Yes this is true, but then some people also have more more money to spend on items that cost more to produce and reflect the skills of the maker. Just because someone has more money, doesn't mean they have less sense, that statement is really offensive.

combatblade1

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 1, 2007
"I won't have a Spydi"
The attention to detail on Alan Woods knives is above 99% of all other british knifemakers out there, that is why they command such high prices. You can't compare an AW to a Dave Budd, completely different animals and made in very different ways. Alan Woods knives are so perfect that you would think they were made by computers lasers and very expensive machining. The fact that they are made by hand is bloody awesome.

"Some folk lad, 'ave more money than bloody sense."

Yes this is true, but then some people also have more more money to spend on items that cost more to produce and reflect the skills of the maker. Just because someone has more money, doesn't mean they have less sense, that statement is really offensive.

So if the saying is true how can it be offensive? It seems to me that some people should have more sense than to be really offended by well known sayings!

The woodlore is an excellent knife and glad to see you got it sold mate. What tent you going for?

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
So if the saying is true how can it be offensive? It seems to me that some people should have more sense than to be really offended by well known sayings!

The woodlore is an excellent knife and glad to see you got it sold mate. What tent you going for?

If I wish to buy something, regardless of price, it does not mean that I do not have sense, it just means that I have the funds to buy what I want, and then do so, price is irrelevant. I shouldn't get called senseless cause I have made that purchase. Not all people who have money to buy what they want are dumb and ignorant. In this case, the Woodlore has a 10 year waiting list, it stands to reason if you want to jump the list and get one now, that you will have to pay a premium. It just depends on your bank balance as to what price you are willing to pay to get that item right now. If that item is not something you want, then you can be forgiven for not understanding, but you should put yourself in the place of someone who really wants that item, then you may begin to understand. That's how the price of gold and diamonds work too. At the end of the day, they are just pretty pebbles and soft metal that is useless for making knife blades :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE