Reindeer skins.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

beamdune

Oct 14, 2005
Manchester
Oooooooooooooh, they're nice.

Now I'm even more cheesed off I missed the boat on this one :11doh:

If you ever do this again consider me an interested party :D

Pablo

Settler
Oct 10, 2005
Essex, UK
www.woodlife.co.uk
Stuart said:
I have tested it out and can confirm that watching TV from atop a huge pile of reindeer skins is most comfy :D

Stuart,

Don't get any smart ideas about covering your 3 piece with them! :D

I know I'm being cheeky here,but any chance of one of the darker ones?

:You_Rock_

Pablo

buffalobill

Tenderfoot
Sep 14, 2005
Wales
Great stuff Stuart - they're looking good! Can't wait to try them out in the hammock.

Thanks again for organising this :You_Rock_

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
Ooh they look the bees knees!

Can't wait to get them.

Maybe I should have asked earlier but do you need any self sealing post "bags" for them Stuart as I could probably send you some?

We use different sized ones at work for mailing everything from T'shirts to Sports bags.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
scruff said:
Ooh they look the bees knees!

Can't wait to get them.

Maybe I should have asked earlier but do you need any self sealing post "bags" for them Stuart as I could probably send you some?

We use different sized ones at work for mailing everything from T'shirts to Sports bags.

that would be great if they are large enough, I would need 29 of them.

I was just about to head out and look for heavy dute plastic bags

buffalobill

Tenderfoot
Sep 14, 2005
Wales
I picked up my reindeer skins from Stuart today - well impressed! The fur is a lot softer than i was expecting and you can feel the insulating warmth just by holding them. The larger of the two skins I received will probably be sufficient in my hammock, though I'll probably try both for that luxury touch! I just need winter to come back around again to give them a proper testing :)

rudolph9qw.jpg

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
All the skins have now been posted; they should turn up at your doors in the next few days.

I'm really happy with how smoothly things went, there was the odd delay with people forgetting to send cheques or missing lines from their address but nothing major.

I have also been inundated with PM's asking if I will run another reindeer skin group buy and since this one went so well I don’t see why not.

I will open another thread and if there is sufficient interest I'll see if I can sort out another lot for those that missed this one.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
SWMBO still says I can't have one. :(

"You don't need it,you've got all the stuff you need,anyway the dog would eat it."

Why do wives have to be so sodding practical all the time? :rolleyes:

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
my wife said i couldn't have the first one so i ordered it:) . shes just opened it now and thinks its great. i haven't told her i've just ordered another:D

James

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE