Reindeer skins.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toots

Aug 22, 2005
Sutton in Craven, North Yorkshire
Spotted some reindeer skins at a local market the other day (on a stall selling sheepskin rugs and stuff). Not sure why I would need one but was very tempted anyway. Apart from being something to stop spitting logs from fire at home from burning the carpet, what other uses could one be put to, and do you reckon 50 quid is a fair price?

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
I can get really nice reindeer skins from sweden for £20 + postage to the UK, if I buy in bulk

if at least ten people were intrested in getting them I could arrange a group buy

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
perhaps a silly question (but hey you must be used to that from me by now!:lmao: )

how big are they?

I've often looked at sheepskins and thought about using them to sleep on but reccon i'd need 2! - now i'm aware that a reindeer is a lot bigger than a sheep (but they have lots of leg as it were)

would one be big enough for a 'mat'?

torjusg

Native
Aug 10, 2005
Telemark, Norway
livingprimitively.com
g4ghb said:
perhaps a silly question (but hey you must be used to that from me by now!:lmao: )

how big are they?

I've often looked at sheepskins and thought about using them to sleep on but reccon i'd need 2! - now i'm aware that a reindeer is a lot bigger than a sheep (but they have lots of leg as it were)

would one be big enough for a 'mat'?

Unless you are very short you will need two skins to cover your body length.

Torjus Gaaren

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
I'd have at least 2 at £20 each depending on the cure method. I'll have to look at Abbe's post again for a refresh.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE