Regular Devon( south west ? ) get together??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gunslinger

Nomad
Sep 5, 2008
Devon
Ok Then so people who can make it on the 27th Of March please list here;-

Venue;- Topsham Friday 27th March

TeeDee
the big guy
gunslinger

GS

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
Sorry, 27th March I'm (probably) going to be at the Outdoors Show working :rolleyes:

Another forum I'm on have been tryin to organise a meet up and SWMBO nominated my woods as a venue. We've been having similar trouble with dates on account of my only having free weekends during the colder months of the year :(

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok Then so people who can make it on the 27th Of March please list here;-

Venue;- Topsham Friday 27th March

TeeDee
the big guy
gunslinger
Craven

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Anymore interest in this? So far just Four willing to meet upfor a pint?

I am trying to gauge if there is sufficient interest and motivation to take this further so can people chip in if Its currnently just the Initial meet up date that deters you??

If you can respond and give me some insight into if a regular camp did get off the ground , when and how often would be best? Ie Bi-monthly Fri meetup-Saturday Endex? etc

Sainty

Nomad
Jan 19, 2009
St Austell
We could get up from Cornwall say once every two to three months. It would almost certainly have to be a Saturday to Sunday meet for us due to work and family commitments.

Martin

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Few more details, as have spoken to the guy in charge of the site.

Price for camping is £2.60 PPPN so not sure how that stacks up against other places.

More information about the site can be found ;-

http://www.devonscouts.org.uk/images/activities/caddihoebrochure.pdf

The gentlemen did make mention that it get busy more at weekends then during the week , which is fairly obvious however the one fly in the ointment may be that although they are happy yo have the site shared by say a scout group and a bunch of bushcrafter if the scout leaders object because the bushcrafter have no CRB checks then they will not be able to share the site.

Obviously the warden rings around fisrt to see if the scout/guide leader has any problems with sharing and then gets back to the contact person.

Just out of interest and attempting to consider be a little proactive a CRB costs £31.00 for the standard or £36.00 for the In depth search. I think it would obvioulsy reassure people if you could prove you have chosen to proved a CRB.

Unfortunately a sign of the times we live in folks and i would'nt blame any scout/guide leader who objected to sharing the site in these to better err on the side of caution.

gunslinger

Nomad
Sep 5, 2008
Devon
Few more details, as have spoken to the guy in charge of the site.

Price for camping is £2.60 PPPN so not sure how that stacks up against other places.

More information about the site can be found ;-

http://www.devonscouts.org.uk/images/activities/caddihoebrochure.pdf

The gentlemen did make mention that it get busy more at weekends then during the week , which is fairly obvious however the one fly in the ointment may be that although they are happy yo have the site shared by say a scout group and a bunch of bushcrafter if the scout leaders object because the bushcrafter have no CRB checks then they will not be able to share the site.

Obviously the warden rings around fisrt to see if the scout/guide leader has any problems with sharing and then gets back to the contact person.

Just out of interest and attempting to consider be a little proactive a CRB costs £31.00 for the standard or £36.00 for the In depth search. I think it would obvioulsy reassure people if you could prove you have chosen to proved a CRB.

Unfortunately a sign of the times we live in folks and i would'nt blame any scout/guide leader who objected to sharing the site in these to better err on the side of caution.

I can understand the reasoning behind your suggestion,but TBH if it came to that you could count me out on principle.
Not that I have anything to hide ,just that to me its no ones business.

The day I have to provide a CRB to go camping will be the day I jack it all in.

Sorry for the rant
But this country is so far down the toilet,it may as well be flushed:rolleyes:

GS

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Gunslinger , I do understand the sentiment and understand your stance on it.

It was , and still is just a suggestion that I hope will never have to be exercised or displayed, but to be honest the way in which our society is going ( read that, as you will ) , the possibilty of ID cards and so on, the very ligatious ( spelling ?? ) system we seem to be moving down , I can only see , in the future any event or pursuit that MAY involve contact with children requiring a rigorous CRB.

I think the upside of having it would be very useful for bushcrafters and would open up the possibilty of using the same land ,areas and function areas as the Scouts and Guides and other various youth organizations.

I totally agree with what you are saying and to be honest everyone seems now to be considered potentially guilty rather then potentially innocent.

Sad world we live in... Still that is a discussion over a pint.

So I respect to your standpoint and honesty but at this stage my suggestion is just my possible suggestion , No one is asking US to provide it.

Lets all go and Terraform Mars!!

Mar 6, 2009
Bournemouth
Just to confirm, Topsham, Exeter, Friday 27th March... 7pm? Carry on to the weekend if possible so others
can join as and when available.
Can I get a PM with a phone number from someone so I have a point of contact.

harryhawk

Forager
Feb 6, 2009
Devon
Fish and Chip Friday at work so that's tea sorted. Will call in on my way home from work. I shalln't be partaking of beverages as I'm driving which is a shame. Some nice pubs and even nicer beer in Topsham. ( TOPS-HAM)

See you there. Which pub?

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Yep ,Topsham, Exeter, Friday 27th March... 7pm.

Looking forward to meeting some new strangers...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE