Refurbished and rehandled Martindale 'panga' machete!

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Yo!

I was meant to post this up a while ago, but forgot..

Anywhoo! I got it in a bundle of old forestry tools from a friend and it was minging! But beaming with potential. Its a Martindale panga (*410 model) and was bent, beaten, dented and had a wood worn ravaged wobbly handle.

After a little clean up and a rehandle I'd say it looks rather nice! I used some zebrano wood scales I had laying around, some thick bolts for pins. Instead of the usual oil on the handle I would have done I tried something new. I used super glue liberally coated onto the bare wood as a sort of varnish. This should stop moisture getting in and give a good grip as raw linseed oil tends to be drawn out by hand warmth leaving you a little oily..

Here it is now,

Obviously I didn't make the effort to completely glam the blade up as its a working tool! But should I change my mind and do more I'll probably reshape the blade to a more Latin style and really shine that blade up! Lol it'll probably end up as a wall display then..or swapped in a month.

Hope you like it, I'm keen to get it on a job next week and try out that shape! I also didn't post this in the diy section as I had no wip shots..

Thanks for looking!

Samon

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Thanks guys! I'm pleased with it, and its scary ol' tool for sure.

I've got a larger martindale machete from the Vietnam conflict era that needs a sprucing up. It was alright when I got it but I've used the hell out of it and it does need some love!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE