Reflections on happiness by Drew Dunn Respect

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Enough already please
What exactly is this about?
I humbly suggest you really might want to seek help support or reassurance more appropriately and more privately

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Hey Drew
Truly admirable sentiments without a doubt mate; I think and hope I understand

In order to help others you have to be able to look after yourself with appropriate support around and be in place where others are comfortable and confident of that ability in you
Then they can be inspired by your ability to move on and in turn become more self reliant and learn from you
Its not easy mind, but I wish you well in that journey

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
Hey Drew
Truly admirable sentiments without a doubt mate; I think and hope I understand

In order to help others you have to be able to look after yourself with appropriate support around and be in place where others are comfortable and confident of that ability in you
Then they can be inspired by your ability to move on and in turn become more self reliant and learn from you
Its not easy mind, but I wish you well in that journey

cheers bud

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
There can be no happiness without unhappiness, unfortunatly there's no guarantee of the percentages of each in the rations we're issued with...............
Unhappiness is a state of mind, happiness is a fleeting sensation...

Do you know the joke about the woman on her honeymoon who telephoned her mother every day & said " what happiness, what happiness" ?

My answer drew is Boll*cks to the lot.

Stuff happens period, we cant control it it just happens.

It's how we deal with it that counts, we each make our own choices and we each have to live with the consequences good or bad.

My out look on life is simple and stress free more or less.

Imagine your inside a bubble going about doing your daily business, everything inside the bubble you can control, so if you don't like something do something about it, everything outside the bubble you have no control over, so why worry about it, after all its not going to change anything, and I don't know about you but have better things to spend my time and energy on, like my kids they grow up so fast, I want them to enjoy it learn from it and be happy.

My and the misses met at work, I had recently split with my ex-wife and she was stopping me from seeing my eldest daughter, I was a dark time for me and I certainly wasn't looking for another relationship, but like I said things happen.

We've been together 10 years next April & as you know have 3 more happy little ankle bitters. :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jellytot

Apr 1, 2010
Manchester
Drew,
This is VERY deep hun and as much as I appreciate why you're trying to study and learn in this way remember that you often find happiness when you stop looking for it, that it's not always a person that makes you truly happy but someone special can help, and you often find someone special when you stop looking.
You are a lovely person Drew, and at 25 still oh so young.
Love, happiness, a sense of belonging. We strive for these things as human beings.
But in truth if you work too hard for these things, they slip away from you, for you are so busy working at making your happiness you lose focus. Setting yourself happiness as a goal to work for to me it's not how you find yourself happy and complete.

Chill out, enjoy life for what you have and what you can do, and you will find your significant other.
Putting pressure on yourself will simply have it all slip away from you, without you even noticing.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and studies with us Drew.
I wish you look in your search.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I could explain my faith and philosophy Drew - but this isn't the time or place. However, as I get older I find that "happy" is, of its nature, transitory..rather like "joy" is fleeting. The best, the strongest and the most enduring feeling - and one they I would wish for everyone - is contentment. Being content is a fantastic, and much undervalued, emotion.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE